Advice

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
A family friend is having a litter. I think the Dam is a BC cross. Im not sure what the sire is. They are so excited about the litter, and whont consider a spay. They arent 100% sure she is prego. But her tummy is gettting huge. I told them how to make a whelping box and to keep her inside alot. But I fear that the litter will be born outside in the barn or some other place as the dam is a outside farm dog.

Any advice I can give them? I hope to be there when she whelps at least. No idea when she is due either.

AgilityKrazii

Addicted to Agility
I would just keep telling them how important it is that puppies are born in the house, so they are well socilized which will make them more adoptable. If that doesnt work maybe offering to take the mom and litter till the pups get older if thats at all possible.

Romy

Taxiderpy
Maybe have them make a list emergency clinics that are open 24/7 in case there is a problem so they don't have to hunt them down in the middle of a crisis.

Go on a thriftstore shopping trip with her to help pick out cute absorbent sheets and blankets for the puppies? That way she will have something to clean to whelp on and it can be spread out underneath the puppies, to make it easier to throw the bedding in the wash and keep everything sanitary.

Aww, I wish they would build a whelping box at least. :(

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
I gave her instructions on how to build a whelping box. She seems really keen on doing it. They mean well, but dont know any better.

Members online

No members online now.