My Local Dog Pound

Tbecker48

Awwwww. They're adorable. So do you own just the two? Who are the other dogs under pup pals? Your Pit Bull is a beautiful color.

mellied

Pitbull lover
Yep, just the two, I can't imagine having more than two where we live. The dogs under the pup pals are ones from Dogster, they are different people who have been linked as pup pals to my boys. Are you familiar with dogster?

Tbecker48

No I've never seen it before today. I'm a member of a few different dog forums but I like this one the best. The people here are friendly and far less judgmental than other sites I've been on. What type of site is Dogster?

Tbecker48

Looks great! Ya know what I don't understand???....Are the dogs that say "Owners Release" with their name. Who would do that to their dog???? Geez! Call a rescue group or put them in the paper...don't send them to the Dog pound (kennel, sorry) where they can't give them very much time to find a home. How sad...Look at that dog named Lady :( Poor thing!

They only have 3 days in the pound, too, since they are owner releases. I think the public does not know what happens at the pound. One lady took her Border Collie there with the doghouse, toys, kennel, and crate. Luckily she was adopted quickly.
Hey Mel!! Fancy meeting you here! Melanie rescued one of our fosters, Ozzy. He was tied to her neighbors porch. Erie Shores took him in and we fostered him for a month and a half, actually close to 2 months. We really miss him. Hubby says if we would have kept one it would have been Oz.

My opinions on Mich and the like a purely my own opinion from my own personal experience with him (as I did say IMO). I'm used to the responses I get on that.
I wish I would have read this whole thread before I posted about Ozzy. Mitch is the person who contacted me about getting Oz out of the pound and fostering him. He is also involved with Erie Shores as well as being the humane officer for the county. Ozzy is a Rottweiler/Mastiff/Lab mix. not a "small purebred dog" by any means! He also pulled a Lab mix that was hit by a car not too long ago.

joce

I just think its so sad that I went through hell finding those labs a home and theres just more and more. Why can't people just fix there dogs, not get them in the first place, or find a decent home for them! I just want to go hug all the dogs. If I only had the money and time I'd get one out but its just not possible right now :( I just want to hug them all.

Oh, I know what you mean! As soon as our foster gets placed, there is another dog waiting for a home. I think the longest we have been without a foster dog is 2 weeks. My friend at work bred her female boxer and also has a male and female Chi she plans on breeding. Mind you she bought the dogs at Petland. :mad: That makes me so irritated, I can't begin to tell you!

Kyra

Hi, I am new to the forums. I am not involved in rescue I just love dogs and browsing the rescue forums here and at petfinder.com has been a real eye opener. I wish I could foster but it wouldn't work for my family. I admire those of you that can.
IMO one of the biggest problems faced is educating people about byb and puppymills.
Many people walk past my house on the way to the park and it just dawned on me a few days ago that very few of the dogs I see are mixed breeds. I have nothing against purebred dogs, I own one myself, but I seriously doubt all the dogs I see came from good breeders.

Members online

No members online now.