I love puppies, but...

I love puppies. I'm one of those people that can't get enough of puppies and I enjoy almost all parts of it.

But, I will say that the part I dislike the most is the new division of time and attention with the other dogs. Even though they still get out and exercise and work the puppy is inevitably going to need more and it's just never easy for me.

Hiccup is going through a slight fear period and isn't sure about new things so he needs to be out and around a lot and I don't want him coming to only rely on the other dogs. But god, the faces staring out at me through the window just kill.

StillandSilent

I hear you. Gimmick used to get the Saturday lunch break outing, but I've been giving it to Glitch because he's so young. It breaks my heart to see Gimmick so excited only to have his hopes dashed.

Luckily Glitch is coming to the end of the critical period, so they're going to start trading off

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
That is the worst! It's not even just puppies though lol I still do that a lot with Cajun (get her wild energy out first before I take Juno out). Makes me feel so bad. Not looking forward to that part with puppy. :(

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
That is the exact reason why I want to wait until Siri and Skill are ancient or (ideally, though morbid) gone before I ever get a puppy. I want to puppy with JUST puppy.

I feel like that will never happen though :p

Jenne

Ball Thrower
I feel the same way. Even though I know Chase is actually getting more one on one time with the new puppy in the house because it's scheduled and we are doing cc.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Definitely. Worst part, even though it is totally worth it in the end.

Elrohwen

Yes, this is killing me right now. Poor Watson is so clingy and sad looking all of the time and I feel really bad leaving him behind to socialize the puppy. DH feels even worse and always tries to talk me into taking Watson with us which isn't helping.

Members online

No members online now.