Macky had a seizure today

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Ugh, guys... she continued to vomit through Sunday night, so we called the e-vet, who said she would probably just watch and wait till Monday. Monday morning she was still mopey but ate a scrambled egg, and later had some turkey with rice for dinner.

Then I guess she had a "rough night" last night, shaking and vomiting up liquid, drinking a lot and peeing every few hours. :( So she's going in to the vet like right now, and I'll let you know any updates I can get. I'm pretty scared right now, drinking/peeing has me worried about her kidneys. We don't even know if she actually had a seizure in the first place now.

God, I was so hoping she was feeling better, not doing worse. Not ok, not ok at all. Try to keep busy while they're taking her to the vet and my fingers and everything possible are crossed. Poor Macky

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Thanks so much guys... She's tough as hell and was in perfect health before this, so here's hoping that she can beat whatever this is. I'll give you updates as I get them.

It really means a lot that you guys are thinking about her. It really does. Thank you.

Had she been to any of the dog running places lately? Swift? Pratt Wayne? Maple? I'm trying to think if she drank something. But I'm sure you guys already thought of all that

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Had she been to any of the dog running places lately? Swift? Pratt Wayne? Maple? I'm trying to think if she drank something. But I'm sure you guys already thought of all that
Not that I know of... I wondered about that. Sunday AM I believe she went jogging with my dad but he has her drink out of the drinking fountain at Maple, not the lake. Other than that, I don't think she's been anywhere recently.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Ok, so her regular vet is sending her on the E-vet because their x-ray machine is down, and they also want her where she can be hospitalized because apparently she's very dehydrated. So she's going to the e-vet, getting x-rays and IV fluids. I'll let you know what the x-ray finds. They're thinking blockage or pancreatitis as possibilities.

Toller_08

Oh no! Lots of good thoughts headed your way. I hope they're able to figure out what's wrong and that Macky will hopefully be back to normal soon. :-(

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
Oh no... :( sorry to hear she is feeling so bad.

Sending vibes and good thoughts for Macky and you!

Xandra

Oh how scary. Hopefully it is just a blockage and it passes soon. Definitely keep us updated.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Quick phone update: There's something in her colon but it's small. Vet is hopeful it can be flushed out and won't need surgery. She'll be staying there for 48 hrs on IV fluids. I ended up calling in to work (my roomie went in for me) and going to the clinic. It was worth it just to see her and kiss her little head.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Omg you guys. It was a TAMPON. A whole tampon. The small thing in her colon was just a bit of chicken back stuck in the tampon that marked where it was. The vet extracted most of the tampon from her butt. I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. She should be just fine. Oh god... Macky. WTF? *relief*

Macky, staying true to herself. No matter what.

Thank god it was only a tampon and it's just so Macky.

Members online

No members online now.