Flyball collar/harness?

Sekah

The Monster.
I'm starting to get more into flyball with Cohen, and I'm looking for recommendations for a harness or collar to use in the sport. Thus far she's been running naked, but it's kind of tough to wrangle her to line her up properly and hold on.

What might you recommend? I tend to see flyball harnesses with a straight front across the chest (instead of a Y), but I'm worried that it might impede leg movement. Thoughts?

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
I JUST bought a Comfort Flex harness from our agility place, and I love it. Keeva is fussy about harnesses and seems to feel pretty free in this one. They sell them at Clean Run. With no pressure on the harness, it sits high enough not to interfere with the legs, but, the placement of the handle prevents the harness from riding up into the throat when they pull, tipping the breastplate down instead.

http://www.cleanrun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1771&ParentCat=202

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
I JUST bought a Comfort Flex harness from our agility place, and I love it. Keeva is fussy about harnesses and seems to feel pretty free in this one. They sell them at Clean Run. With no pressure on the harness, it sits high enough not to interfere with the legs, but, the placement of the handle prevents the harness from riding up into the throat when they pull, tipping the breastplate down instead.

http://www.cleanrun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1771&ParentCat=202
I used this with Stryder when we did flyball, worked awesome for us. Though he's now lost a few pounds and it doesn't fit anymore!

Sekah

The Monster.
That's good to know that it works well for dogs who aren't a fan of harnesses - Cohen seems to be funny about anything that goes around her midsection, so the more comfortable the better.

Aleron

I used a wide sighthound martingale collar for Whim and just a regular "y" front harness.

BostonBanker

I don't run flyball at all, but I love the ComfortFlex harnesses as well. Gusto has one, and ran agility in it quite a bit before he got to the point where he was weaving (and clucking the harness against the poles). That handle is a godsend with a squiggly dog!

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I use a hurta harness for Backup and I love it, I believe I will be getting a comfortflex or ezydog for Sloan though because the hurta doesn't adjust for her chest.

FG167

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

elegy

overdogged
I know ComfortFlex harnesses are extremely popular in flyball, but I don't care for them. I don't like the way they sit across the front of the shoulder. It restricts movement, and that just seems counterproductive, *especially* in a game like flyball.

I bought a Walkeez harness for Steve when we started, and I have been extremely happy with it. It is all nice and padded, it does not restrict his shoulder movement, it has a little loop on the back that I use to hold onto, and it has held up very well with heavy use the past two years (he wears it mostly for hiking these days, so it gets wet and filthy on a regular basis).

These days he runs either naked or in a sparkly wide martingale collar.

Members online

No members online now.