The New Fishies

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
So the Gouramis are "Bieber" and "Fever". ROFL! And I have no names for the Mollies right now. I planned to name them Edward and Jacob, but I ended up getting 3 instead of two. Quick remedy right? Edward, Jacob, and Bella? Nope. They're two girls and a boy. x_x So name help is appreciated!!! :D

Male Mollie:

with the pearl white female

with the orange female

White female Mollie:

MORE

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Orange female Mollie:

Flame Dwarf Gourami:

Blue Gourami (not sure of the actual name, I think it's just a dwarf Gourami...) He's my favorite:

I'll get more pics of them as they mature, I think the blue gourami especially is going to be gorgeous (he'll turn bright turquoise).

MORE

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Last but not least, my (glo fish)zebra danios which I already had:

Fender, Taylor, Ibinez, and Gibson (i think?) Alvarez died long ago, but i sometimes still get the names messed up XD

DONE

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Btw, I think the orange female is preg. If the babies don't get eaten, I'm planning to separate all the males/females when they're old enough, and set up a separate tank for males. Should I put her in a separate bowl or something to make it easier to deal with the babies, or just leave her alone?

Maxy24

Pretty fish!! Well chances are you're going to have LOTS of babies with all of those mollies. I had guppies once and tried to save the fry...TOO MANY BABIES lol. Either try and leave a bunch of hiding places or choose a few to save.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Thanks all! :)

Maxy, lol, yeah I'm planning to set up another tank, and take the male out, as well as separate any male babies, and then keep them separate. The girl who gave me the fish at the pet store said that few to no babies would survive (they'd be eaten by the other fish) and that two females + one male was a normal group of mollies. But i've been told here, and on another forum that I'll probably get over run with babies, lmao, so I'm just gonna get another setup for males.

MicksMom

Pretty fish! We had a Dwarf Flame Gourami years ago. I've seen that one Gourami listed as a Blue. I'm not help with names- until a couple of years ago all our fish have had NASCAR related. The ones I have now have bull riding names.

...The girl who gave me the fish at the pet store said that few to no babies would survive (they'd be eaten by the other fish)...
LOL I had someone tell me something similar when I found a baby tetra in our tank. "Wedge" lived a good 5 years. I'm sure he wasn't the only baby, tho- just the only one who survived. You can get a little "nursery" type thing that hangs on the inside of the tank to put the female in. I bought one when I first found "Wedge", but I could never catch the little stinker to put him in it. LOL

Staff online

Members online