My son and Ella with the D300

Saje

Island dweller
It's hard to tell with the small size of the pics but have you notice a difference in noise? You should take the same shots with the old camera and new and compare the noise. That would be amusing. For me anyway :p

Chewbecca

feel the magic
thanks again, guys!

Noise, DEFINITELY.
But, again, it was only on ISO 200 in those shots, so there probably wouldn't be much noise anyway.
But I can tell when I take shots on ISO 2500. They're clearer than shots on 1600 on my D60!!!

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Thank you!!!
The D60 is a great camera.
I LOVE mine, and that's why I wouldn't get rid of it (well, that and Ben wanted me to keep it because it has sentimental value to me, AND we're modifying it for IR).

I just decided on the D300 because it offers better high ISO function, and it has an in-body focus motor, AND you have the ability to customize your custom settings.
It's AMAZING.:D
Yanno... I would try to spring for the D300... if I knew even a fraction of what you know about cameras! I'm pretty lazy when it comes to a bunch of settings on a camera.

Maybe, someday, I'll upgrade. But either beat the heck out of my Digital Elph, ugh.

After you stop by Renee's, pls come to my house!

Chewbecca

feel the magic
Yanno... I would try to spring for the D300... if I knew even a fraction of what you know about cameras! I'm pretty lazy when it comes to a bunch of settings on a camera.

Maybe, someday, I'll upgrade. But either beat the heck out of my Digital Elph, ugh.

After you stop by Renee's, pls come to my house!
HA! Please, thanks for the compliments, but I do NOT know a lot about cameras!
This D300 is not easy. Well, it is and it isn't. The only "auto" setting on it (that I've been able to find) is the white balance settings. And you can customize that, too. Believe me, I have a book on the D300 explaining what different settings can do. There are a TON of buttons on this thing that I have NO IDEA what they do.

I will be figuring this camera out for a LONG time. You have to literally put ALL the settings in yourself, just about.:D

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
HA! Please, thanks for the compliments, but I do NOT know a lot about cameras!
This D300 is not easy. Well, it is and it isn't. The only "auto" setting on it (that I've been able to find) is the white balance settings. And you can customize that, too. Believe me, I have a book on the D300 explaining what different settings can do. There are a TON of buttons on this thing that I have NO IDEA what they do.

I will be figuring this camera out for a LONG time. You have to literally put ALL the settings in yourself, just about.:D
Oh pshhaw, sure you don't! With your camera lingo and your awesome pictures. SURE you don't! ; D

Geeez... that camera just sounds scary. I would probably never take it off of auto out of intimidation. I hope the D60 doesn't freak me out too badly.

I cannot wait to get it... and take pictures of my new Ella's Leads!!1! (You'd better be working on my order as we speak, missy! Lawl)

Members online

No members online now.