What breed for me?

Sush

Yeah...I'm kind of wondering what the heck you are asking OUR advice for if you have all of this experience? Good luck on this one.

My bf has a French Mastiff and he is a wonderful dog. He lives in an apartment with him. The dog is not at all vocal and does not mind just laying around. That does not mean he doesnt like a good romp in the park every now and then. Most days he is quite happy with a few walks. He's great with people, dogs and kids. Hes very quite and if there is commotion in the hallway he will let out a low rumble but nothing a quick quite cant stop.

Now with this being said my bf's friend also has a french Mastiff (from the same litter) and she is high strung and barks alot and extreamly energetic (this is partly due to her lack of exercise she gets)

I really dont know much about the French Mastiff so I dont know to what extreame the dog should be. I just know that his dog is fabulous as an aprtment dog and is just one option to atleast look more into.

noludoru

Bored Now.
I wouldn't even be able to stand on my feet long enough to take the classes.
I humbly apologize for my insane assumptions about your disability. I have no idea why I spouted out such crazy crap. I must have pulled it out of my arse. :rolleyes: I just tend to assume when one can't stand for an exercise class that one can't stand long enough for exercising a dog or a dog-training class, the latter tends to employ the most standing. Clearly, I am wrong.

(I didn't read that whole post, but from what I did read...)

Congratulations on your experience with dogs, the previous ones you have trained, and your intellect. With your impressive record I hope you don't need to come to a forum to ask for advice, as One Such As You would certainly know everything there is to know. I cannot possibly imagine your need to consort with such insignificant people as ourselves, and I am humbled that you graced us with your presence and humored our ignorant advice and banal suggestions.

Dekka

Just try me..
HAHAHA Noludoru! :hail: I stopped posting when the OP didn't seem to be getting it. Sigh. I am surprised the OP needed our opinion at all :D

Oh yes..Guns kill more ppl, . The american public owns a lot more guns than guardian dogs, so really its not surprising that guns kill more often (or maim and injure)

icklemiss

"I will be getting this dog from a breeder with a life time health warrenty. I will only get a older dog with some training or a retired champion. I will be taking this dog to many independant professional training classes over the years I have him/her.
Very strange that this dog must be a Purebred, retired champion,AND have a lifetime health warranty?

What does the retired champion have to do with protection ability?

ANd where do you find a dog with a lifetime health warranty? Are you serious?
What breeder pays vet bills for life?

ETA: And now I see that this was all a waste of time...What the hell was the OP doing here if they have already gained the sage wisdom needed to own a "retired champion, purebred, protection dog that will selectively attack humans"....geez.

Members online

No members online now.