New Puppy Won't Eat

Hey guys, my roommate just got an adorable puppy yesterday but it won't eat. Any tricks for this? If it isn't eating by tomorrow we'll go to the vet. Anything to try in the meantime?

Thanks a bunch.

Maxy24

what are you feeding him? he may just be stressed by the new environment and will take a little while to feel comfortable enough to eat. Put his food in a quite place where he will not get distracted by fun things or scary things. Have you tried having him take the food from your hand. I agree if he does not eat in a day or two to bring him to the vet.

carlar

Dog Lover Boutique
If it was me I wouldn't wait. That puppy needs to eat. If my puppies (I raise Yorkies and Dachshunds) won't eat I force feed them if they refuse any food. I try several different kinds and I also try hand feeding, I put some on the floor (some puppies like it better off the floor). If none of those work then I force feed. Puppies can't go a long time without food. If they do they lose the eat urge and may start dry-heaving. Then they may become lethargic and ill.

The puppy died this morning. It was sick before it ever came into my roommate's hands.

Now I'm worried that whatever it had is catching and that my puppy could have gotten it. I'm keeping an eye on him.

bubbatd

:yikes: ....... should the vet examine the poor dead pup as to cause ?? So sad !! Be careful !

Barb04

Super Moderator
Did you get an appointment with your vet for your pup to be checked out and find out what happened to the other pup?

Members online

No members online now.