Please help flea problem!

Karebear

Shitzu Lover
I have a flea problem with my two dogs we have bathed them and waited about 3 days and put the flea medication on them. The fleas are so bad on them we have tried all the flea shampoos and asked our vet about the different medications nothing is helping i was wanting to see if anyone hear had any solutions that they have found that works thank you for your time.

Barb04

Super Moderator
It is possible the fleas are in your home. You can buy a "flea bomb" or two at a pet store for your house. Also be sure to wash any pet beds, etc.

Ozzy's mom

flea problem

a couple of years ago we had fleas...found out that the fleas were living in the sand around the house. The only thing that worked was..Sunlight lemon liquid dishwashing detergent. This stuff killed the live fleas and the larva. We sprayed the sand with the soap and water, then we started to use the Reveloution treatment from the vet for all the dogs. They haven't had problems since then. I use the Reveloution all year round and it's working for me.

misfitz

Ruddy Buttinski
Ooh, thanks for the tip, Ozzy's Mom. I'm going to try that in our empty planter beds...that the cats love to sleep in, LOL.

Do you think it would hurt the plants or lawn? I feel your pain Karebear, I have to comb our cats daily, and I can't use any topical stuff on my dog, she's too fluffy! Fleas are driving me crazy too. When you're looking at sprays, etc., make sure you get something that kills flea eggs and larvae, not just the adults. Otherwise they will just hatch more and you're right back where you started.

I have heard that Comfortis is brilliant for fleas. I'm not sure of cost, but it's a monthly tablet that kills them very quickly. Not registered for cats, unfortunately.

aslytylr

It's very important to know where the flea come from in your house as solving this would help have a better and lasting results. Just getting your pets treated will help for sometime but again after some time it will be the same case. I have heard about Comfortis, it does work but it would be a good thing to ask the doctor for a better advise.

Members online

No members online now.