4 Legged Crime Fighters

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Potentially a good idea, I think. But I thought I was going to die laughing when I saw that picture! That is hilarious! And the hubby thought those reindeer antlers they make for dogs are humiliating! Poor Fido...I bet all the other police dogs tease him.

Debi

hmmm, sounds like it's risky business for the canine. don't know if poor Fido signed up for that duty. :( interesting idea...since the dog doesn't seem to mind the gear......especially for other instances where it may be a dog searching for victims after a natural disaster or something a bit less dangerous. I don't know.......I just felt sort of sad for them.

Katja

Hi!

Does look funny I must say.

For canines it is always risky bussines.. searching for mines, doing police work... probably they wouldnt be used in situations where they could be hurt just like that..

Bye, Katja

RD

Are you dead yet?
OMG. Forget the idea for a second, that GSD with the weird contraption strapped to its head looks like (s)he's about ready to die. Rofl.

I don't see anything too wrong with it, can't be any more dangerous for them than doing their job -without- a camera on their head.

i think its risky for our 4-legged friends, what if the armed suspect goes nuts and shoots at the dogs. I wouldn't even wanna think about that :(
Yes it may save some lifes of the police force, what about our fur ball ? They are not even adquately protected like a bullet proof jacket or something like what the police will wear.

Some police departments do use bullet proof vests (which really aren't 100% bullet proof).

I still have ethical issues with putting animals in the line of fire over human screw-ups though.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Well remember that when the next officer dies because his dog wasn't around to help him and when you call 911 they don't respond for a half an hour because they are short on officers. It is unfortunate that anything has to die because someone else is a spaz whether it be people or dogs. A dog could get shot just walking down the streets these days. At least the police dogs have some kind of protection.

Members online

No members online now.