Leonberger

Ivy

Does anyone have any first hand experience with the Leonberger dog?
I am looking to expand my fostering to many breeds/types of dogs.

Any info would be appreciated.

milos_mommy

A woman who used to post very regularly and bred beagles had a leonberger, from her posts and everything she was a wonderful dog. If you ask around, you might be able to find her on another forum or an email address or something.

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
I had one in training class. I fell in love with her and she did seem a lot like the leo that a member here had. Goofy and smart and very sweet.

Romy

Taxiderpy
The ones I have met, and the one we found stray all give me the impression of being really soft, temperament wise. They don't seem to have the drive or sharpness of a lot of the larger dogs. The one we found was a champion fence climber, lol.

You might have a hard time finding one to foster through regular rescue. They are pretty rare and to my understanding, most leos end up in breed rescue.

Paige

Let it be
A woman who used to post very regularly and bred beagles had a leonberger, from her posts and everything she was a wonderful dog. If you ask around, you might be able to find her on another forum or an email address or something.
I was just thinking about her. HoundedbyHounds if I remember correctly was her user name. I miss her. And her dogs.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I know how to get in touch with her if anyone needs to. Just pm me.

I love leos. They are incredibly sweet dogs. I've met quite a few (actually went to the leonberger picnic once) and just love them.

Staff online

Members online