If She Can Do This, Why

oh WHY can't she, won't she tell me dependably ahead of time?

Tallulah and I were next door at my folks' house last night. Bimmer's stuck over there while Kharma's in heat and he's lonesome so he and Tallulah were having a huge sort of time playing and wrestling around.

Well, Tallulah charges in from the other room, jumps up and pushes on me with her front paws, then pokes me a couple of times with her snoot, turns in a 360 degree circle and takes three steps toward the kitchen door, runs back, gives me another shove then stands there with her front legs wide apart and her head sideways until I said "what do you want?" She did one of her 180 degree midair turns and scampered into the kitchen and stood next to the puddle she'd left in the floor, then went to the door to watch, glancing back every couple of seconds with a worried look on her face, knowing if Mom saw it there'd be 3 days worth of bitching and woe is me, it's always p!ss on poor old mom, along with banishment for a few days, meaning no peanut butter sammies.

Now, dammit, Tallulah! If you know we need to get it cleaned up before she finds it, why can't you do the obvious and tell me you need to go out? :wall:

I think the dog just doesn't like to pee outside. :rolleyes:

Oh, she loathes going out in the rain, but she's just as recalcitrant about peeing outside when it's sunny and nice and she WANTS to be out there. All it takes is one thing distracting her and you can forget about getting her to pee while she's out there. :rolleyes:

But she really, truly is a little sweetheart, and Terrier-smart.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
HOpefully as she gets older it will get easier. You know i went through the distraction thing all the first winter with PEpper. Now we go out in the morning and she does her business quickly.

Miakoda

'Lullah is definitely one for the books. I've never owned one so anti-housebreaking as her.....thank goodness for me! :D

filarotten

Fila the love
My guess would be to start at the beginning with housebreaking 101.

I had to do that with Cleo. For some reason, she hated to go outside. She would hold it, until she couldn't hold it, and then pee on the floor. She finally realized she could come back in after she pee'd outside.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Because otherwise you wouldn't be partners in crime?

Maybe the parvo did something so that she doesn't know ahead of time she does need to go? Kind of like how puppies will just be playing and all of a sudden go "Oh gee, I think I need to pee!" and there's no getting them outside quickly enough to avoid an accident.

Debi

Addie only has ONE place in the yard she'll go. yep..that is it...ONE place. imagine me taking her out...midnight....and that one place is far, far away from any of the flood lights. spooky! and her 'area' is maybe 4'X4'....in the vast yard/woods we have. go figure. then again...maybe she was scared of something and it just 'happened'?

Hammie HATES rain. he will prance..dance..get soaked (oh, let's not even talk about how wet I get).........................and NOT want to go! such a baby. :)

pitbullpony

BSL Can Be Beaten
ADD - my gf swears her mali has it!!!!
You take Ira outside to pee and it's a 20 minute reminder of what she is outside to do; and then if you didn't pay attention that she hadn't gone; she'll go when you are inside.

Maybe just treat her like a 2-3 year old kid; and have her go potty frequently?

Members online

No members online now.