Another question...

Debi

EVERY time Ham eats..he has to go out IMMEDIATELY after for a BM. He's always been this way, which I didn't think too odd for a puppy. He is now a year and a half old. It's almost as if there is an open shoot..food goes in and flies right out. Anybody else's dog like this??? Addie isn't. Is this normal...I feel like he doesn't get a chance to get nutrients. He's such an oddball...LOL

(bowel movements are normal)

Debi

LOL, Renee............you made me spit my tea...AGAIN...all over the keyboard. STOP that!!!!! LOL

I had a friend whose Mom used to call it "Dishpan Diarrhea" because her son went to hide out in the bathroom every night after dinner when it was time to help with the dishes :D

Mordy

Quigleyfied
my quigley is like that too - and has been ever since he was a puppy. it's kind of nice that he is so predictable, makes planning a lot easier when we are on road trips. :)

bogolove

Brady does that too, every time right after he eats. And he also has a BM after he gets really hyper and runs around the yard. Like if we are playing and I am chasing him or he is chasing me, he will have to stop after about 10 minutes and run to the back of the yard to have a BM. Silly dog!

Barb04

Super Moderator
Oh no, my Kona is just like Brady. Kona is the only one of our dogs that runs around like crazy just before she goes. She doesn't do it as much at 8 months old as she did in the beginning, but it's so funny to watch.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
actually that is quite normal in dogs. they need exercise to help keep their bowels functioning well and walking stimulates them.

if you take a dog for a really long walk/hike, you will see they try to poop quite often, sometimes to the point that only small amounts of really soft poop or a watery substance are excreted. this has nothing to do with digestive upset tho, the large intestine just hasn't had sufficient time to resorb the water from the mass of digested food on its way out.

if a dog is constipated, i generally recommend a good, long walk to try and see if that fixes things. most dogs can't "resist". :)

Members online

No members online now.