DIY doghouse / kennel

bonster

Disappointed :(
Just wondering if anyone has made their own and would like to post pics?

Bonnie lives indoors but likes lazing in (usually 1/2 in 1/2 out!) her plastic doghouse when outside in Spain, especially on warm evenings..

Back in the UK on this vacation I needed to do some "man stuff" after spending too much time sipping tea with the folks ;) - so Bonnie gets some overseas property - a "holiday home" in my folks garden which doubtless Bronte (my folks dog) will want to use too!

Was going to finish it today but its raining :( I'll put some pictures up soon, but it won't be quite up to the specification of this one - maybe the best doghouse in the world (in Florida, of course!) complete with air conditioning, porch and hanging basket!

http://www.mikestrong.com/doghouse/gallery/008/index2.html

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
That's not a dog house! It's an extension!!
We made dog houses out of wooden barrels, all you have to do is make sure one end is open, and that you secure them to the ground properly otherwise they roll away with your dog in it!, they are water tight, wind proof, and look nice in the garden!! Gus doesn't use it much though as he's really a sleep in bed with mummy sort of dog! Lol! :D

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
that was wonderful Bonster..what a nice place for a dog complete with porch!!! Tate..Marydog's mom would have loved the porch most of all.

Debi

Bonster..I'll try to take some pics of our doghouses. They're kinda cute. We plan on redoing things this summer, tho....one building, which will be divided, with heat. I had a heck of a time trying to keep them in on cold nights this year...yet I can't let them be cold!! our fenced area is something like 18' by 33'. :)

That is so cute!! A little farm house for the dog ;).

We don't have any dog houses, but I'll be building one. The girls live indoors also, but I think'd be nice to give them something to sleep in outside. If they like it as much as they like the crates, they'll be snoozing in there a lot.

bubbatd

Chip has a dog house and he lets me live in it and clean and cook for him.!!

Im gonna start snagging scrap lumber from job sites to start Bluedawgs house. It wont be that elaborate but it will have heat for next winter, be on the deck once I rebuild the deck, and have a larger shaded area that we humans have on the deck. Of course Ill have to make a new base for my grill so the dogs dont knock it over or chew on something they shouldnt.

Debi

sorry, Bonster...I used to be able to upload pics, but it said they were too big..so I sized down the setting again in my camera, but now seems I'm unable to post pics at all in a thread. Must be my system or something. :(

bonster

Disappointed :(
Chip has a dog house and he lets me live in it and clean and cook for him.!!
Hahaha I like that one!

Well here it is -- nearly finished...

If it stops raining for long enough I'll get it done tomorrow!

Members online

No members online now.