The musing thread

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Got my first big kid shift at my new job! Eek! No more training, i'm hitting the line!

So excited, so nervous. It's a Friday night shift :yikes:

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
When you go to the dr's to get a mole checked out and they come in an immediately go "Oh, yeah that's gotta go! How bout we chop it off right now?" It makes me nervous lol o_O

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I now own my very first real, grown up bed set. With throw pillows and everything.

/hoorayforbeinganadult

Now I get to buy...a decorative picture for the wall, because it looks too blank. o_O

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word
Still trying to figure out if I should do my essay on The Lion King, or the Titanic. There both great movies. So hard to chooses...

GingerKid

Still trying to figure out if I should do my essay on The Lion King, or the Titanic. There both great movies. So hard to chooses...
My choice would be the Lion King, which has so many hidden social issues and literary/cultural references... analysis would either be horribly complicated or a breeze.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I did not realize it was possible to eat something more greasy, salty, and heart attack inducing (and yummy) than KFC...hello Popeyes.

I really need that gym membership. :rofl1:

noludoru

Bored Now.
I've been having an argument with my manager via text.

About which is a bigger pile of ****: GTIs vs. Speed3s.

I'm not sure what's more shocking: that that's what we're arguing about, or that today I'm inclined to say Speed3.

teacuptiger

floor dancer
I had a dream last night that I was at my gparents farm and for some reason the army was surrounding the place and were gonna capture us. So. I had Roxie with me, and I guess the army decided it would be a good idea (at this time, a part of the house had been bombed and was no longer there, but we were all hiding in the living room) to send a pack of feral dogs to draw her out, since I would obviously follow.

Two dogs come into the house, the rest go running off into the woods cuz furry fast food is in there. Anyways, these two dogs are puppies. One I think is like a Lhaso Apso sorta mix. It was super cute- a ball of long, yellow and white fur. One of my grandma's (on the other side of the family, not the one who I am hiding out with) puppies looked similar (no idea what happened to that dog- she usually gets two puppies, a "breeding pair", and ends up getting rid of them once they grow up because they "aren't right for breeding" or whatever...) so I guess that's where my sub con. got this puppy from. I called him "Butters"... Which is totally out of the norm for me, lol. I don't usually give pets a name like that...

Anyhow. This other dog was a yellow, shaggy haired JRT mix. I think I named him Falkon or Fallon or something like that. I'm going with Fallon. So, Fallon ends up slipping out of the slip lead I had him on (I had Rox on her normal beta leash and Butters on another slip lead), and this really cute army guy catches him.

Cute army guy brings him back to me, and is like, talking to me about why the army is there and stuff and I convince him that we've done nothing wrong. The army folks all leave after cute guy convinces them too, but he's still got Fallon.

Basically, I end up keeping Butters and Fallon and cute army guy, and we all go home. This is the second time I've had a dream about some cute army guy, and about the 100th time I've had one about a JRT (in all fairness, I've wanted a JRT since like forever). The dream ended because I kept trying to rename Butters but couldn't think of anything, tried finding my list of names but couldn't read it and realized I was dreaming.

And the night before last night I had a dream about this hott guy who got stuck in an air vent and I couldn't get him out. He looked similar to that guy from How I Live Now.

....I just have weird dreams. I am currently enjoying being single, but dang I wish Fallon and that cute army guy were real.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Had a dream last night that my parent's house was destroyed by a tornado. The dogs were in it, but for some reason Pepper and Payton were crated in the basement and Auggie was crated upstairs and everybody was somehow fine... I pulled some debris off Auggie's crate and he came walking out and the other two were in the basement like "oh hey we're good." There was no Georgie in the dream (oops, sorry Georgie.)

I'm not sure if I had the tornado dream because they've been talking about severe weather or if I heard the massive thunderstorm in my sleep and it crept into my brain. This is the second dream in about a week about the house getting destroyed by a natural disaster... the last dream was a massive flood wave and I had no idea if the dogs were okay, and my dad took off running in the direction of the wave to try and save people so I didn't know if he was okay either. That one was much worse, obviously. I wonder what "home being destroyed by a natural disaster" dreams mean.

Also I applied for a job this weekend and they actually called to schedule an interview! I haven't heard back from the other one yet, but the job is still posted so I think they're still just taking applications...
c'moooooon dental insurance!!!
Boy it doesn't take long for the panic to set in though. They just called a few hours ago and I'm all like "I'M A TOTAL FRAUD I CAN'T DO ANYTHING THEY'RE GOING TO HATE ME" panic. *flailing arms*

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I wish more houses for rent would take the people/pets into consideration on a person by person basis. Not just ONLY 2 PETS NO EXCEPTIONS!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I can't decide if I like this coconut milk yogurt or not.

Like, it's actually not bad. It's very sweet and doesn't taste coconut-y. But... it doesn't taste like Yoplait and that's weird. :rofl1:

I'm the proud new owner of two male neutered Sugar Gliders. 2.5yrs old.

Their owner died (loved them dearly to neuter and build a 7ft pvc cage) and her friend got them and neglected them (the cage was absolutely disgusting from what I've been told) one got loose and she freaked out and shut him in the room and LOCKED THE DOOR. She called a friend that works with us to come get him and let him have them for free with everything. He got them back around December when I got my two rats. His wife got another job with a scattered schedule and he felt like they wouldn't get the kind of care they need, so he offered them to us for free. We picked them up yesterday! They are so darn friendly. More so than my rats. I have them on BML right now because I was able to get ahold of the ingredients. They even came with one of the two calcium supplements that you need for BML so I believe their first owner was feeding it. Our friend was feeding pellets and fruits. I plan on switching to one of the HPW diets, I just can't get the supplement anywhere except online lol.

Wooooohoo!

teacuptiger

floor dancer
Seriously thinking about moving into the new house NOW, instead of waiting for this house to sell.

Pros:
Close to ice age trail
Dog owners in the area seem loads more dog savvy than people here (after tonight, this is HUGE)
Would get away from crappy people at work and tiny hours
Cuz... NEW! New is exciting.

Cons:
My bedroom is not yet built. It's a 3 bedroom house, 5 people in the family
I've no idea how I would keep Roxie when I'm gone, aside from loose in the basement until I build her kennel under the stairs. With the amount of crap for her to get into, that's a horrible idea. Or I guess tie her up somehow in the basement.
Would have to quit my job- I would miss the residents
I would not have a job for a while... Till I got my license and a car, which is a whole new list of cons and just argh
I enjoy being the only person in the house. It's way cleaner and I don't get blamed for every little thing. It's awesome not having to get in fights and arguments every day for stupid things.

Sigh. It's a bad idea, but I hate this town and the people in it. I want to move so badly.

Airn

Omg. GUYS. GUYS. Potential roommate has a Corgi. A Corgi named Winnie. I love this person. I knew more about her dog than her for the first hour of texting.

You can't get raped and murdered by someone with a Corgi named Winnie! :rofl1:

Members online