Sad day

Cthulhu7

Mitch & Erin
So Erin and I are saying goodbye to Cthulhu tomorrow. We're both really down about it.

Last week he got away from us for a moment and attacked our neighbors mini schnauzer. The owner complained to the office, and we've been asked to remove him permanently. It's really infuriating because I even offered to pay for vet service if it was needed, which it isn't. We could have solved this as adults, without needing to bring the manager into it.

I'm really not sure what to do now. Thankfully a nice family is taking him in, and I'm not asking for a rehoming fee because I just want Cthulhu to be happy.

I probably won't be on here for awhile, as your dogs make me jealous.

Barb04

Super Moderator
So sorry. We'll be here when you feel you can come back. Hugs

Doberluv

I am so sorry you're going through this. How devastating. The only consolation, I guess is like Renee said....the alternative could be unthinkable. To know he is in a happy home, I hope, will be of some sort of comfort. We will definitely be around for you should you decide to pop back in. I hope you'll find peace with all this at some point. Lots of good wishes for you.

Cthulhu7

Mitch & Erin
Let me ask you all something. Is it terrible if I'm already looking at other dogs? I just don't know how I'm going to be happy without a dog around.

crazedACD

Can you do anything? Muzzle when outside? Attend training sessions and show proof to the manager? Move? That really sucks they only gave him one shot.

Snark

Mutts to you
Let me ask you all something. Is it terrible if I'm already looking at other dogs? I just don't know how I'm going to be happy without a dog around.
Nope, no worse than anyone else looking at other dogs after losing their dog (for whatever reason). Will Cthulhu's new family keep in touch with you about how he's doing?

I still keep in touch with the family who found Riley as a puppy, they enjoy hearing how he's doing and seeing photos.

Doberluv

Is this a place you're renting? And this is the owner who ordered you to get rid of the dog? Is there any way you can get him fostered temporarily and find a new place to move?

Cthulhu7

Mitch & Erin
Yes its a rented apartment. And according to the lease agreement they can require any dog to be removed. Our lease isn't up until October, and we can't afford to move right now.

RD

Are you dead yet?
No it's not bad that you're looking at other dogs, but I'm so sad to hear that those people were such asses to you. Glad Cthulhu has a home that'll love him as much as you do, but jesus that's lame of your neighbors.

yoko

Yes its a rented apartment. And according to the lease agreement they can require any dog to be removed. Our lease isn't up until October, and we can't afford to move right now.
It seems like a long time but really it's just 3 months. Is there anyone who can watch them and you keep providing for him food wise and vet wise?

Members online

No members online now.