Doggy Day Care!

candy722

What do you guys think about doggy day care? Would you send your dog to doggy day care 8 hours a day for $50.00. Im thinking about sending TOki to doggy day care because I feel that he might be too lonely at home. I wish the doggy day care would play with dogs all day instead of caging them for a couple of hours. They do have activities for the dogs in every hour but i feel if Im going to pay that much I would expect someone to play with all the dogs all day.

Maybe you'd feel better about contracting with a dog-sitting service that would come by once - or even twice a day to walk Toki and play with him? I agree with you that $50.00 a day to have your dog spend a significant period of time crated is a bit much.

Have you thought about a playmate for Toki, maybe a young cat? Cats are much less labor intensive than pups and can be wonderful playmates - and will typically be playful most of their lives and are also loving and devoted companion animals.

candy722

Yeah I was thinking about getting another playmate for him but not right now. I think TOki still needs alot of my attention because his too spoiled so I don't think he would love it if I gave attention to a new baby when his already a baby. I do want to hire someone to dog sit TOki but at their homes. I don't need them to walk TOki and I do not want him to be caged. I just want someone that would show him love and play with him every other hour.

My Mom felt that way about Gracie, her little strawberry blonde kitten and almost didn't get Katie, her Rat Terrier pup, but she was thrilled with the results after we bullied her - and she relaxed every evening with a kitten and a puppy curled up together in her lap. They really kept each other amused while she was at work, too. They've grown up together now, and Katie still lays in Mom's lap and Gracie lays over the back of the chair and purrs in Mom's ear. Nice way to relax :)

Members online

No members online now.