Incoming mayor change to science diet formulas

This was posted at their facebook page today http://www.hillspet.com/our-company...iet-even-better-with-natural-ingredients.html

It appears they are going to get rid finally of the by products :eek: this means the other brands like origen, wellness, earthbond, etc are a strong competition for them and they are loosing market, now that more and more owners are getting aware on how to read labels. ;)

Hopefully we can see the change soon, as many dogs eat their formulas if their owners don't plan or can change brands, at least now the food will be less bad it appears.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Interesting becasue Ol' Roy just came out with Pure Balance dog food that has no by products in it. Not that I'm going to buy Ol' Roy, but interesting that they felt a need to finally come out with a better formula.

cliffdog

Good. People are starting to get wise on the crap they feed their dogs. Now we just need to get Purina to do it (and I mean to their main formula, not making a new one) and we'll be all squared.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
The reps make it very clear when you talk to them though that scidie is NOT folding to the majority and still believes corn and byproducts are THE HEALTHIEST EVAR. Just that consumers are misguided and want corn and byproduct free and they're losing sales lol.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Funny though - I'd rather see named by-products than the amount of grains and fillers they use.

Authority recently released a grain-free food. Most of the lower-quality brands have "natural" sub-diets which I have largely disregarded because they still suck. But I actually bought a bag of the Authority G/F and am going to start weaning my dogs over.

I never wanted to take my dogs off the 6-star grain-free crap. But financial constraints abound these days and you gotta do what you gotta do to keep them fed. I'm glad the companies are giving us more options these days.

Members online

No members online now.