• Nothing

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Other (what?)

Votes: 18 32.7%

• Total voters

Laurelin

I'm All Ears

thehoundgirl

I like Fudruckers' fries a lot! :) We don't have one here, though. I love their food. Bozeman has the best Fudruckers IMO. The one in Missoula is pretty decent too. They are both 2 hours away though. :(

Lyzelle

There's a Fudruckers here in Great Falls, and it's not bad, either. I love the Buffalo burger, and their fries are pretty good. I haven't been out to Missoula or Bozeman yet. DH is pretty obsessed with the place.

As far as fries/chips....either cheese/bacon or gravy/cheese curds. :D
If I can't get those, I'll settle for ketchup.

RD

Are you dead yet?
So I tried fries dipped in a tiny bit of vinegar in a cup, and after 4-5 bites I was sold. Not bad at all, and way better calorie and carb wise than fries with other condiments!

Pops2

chile w/ or w/o beans, w/ or w/o cheese is bar none the BEST thing to put on fries.
chile (for our non american friends) is a dish made by stewing meat, onions, spices & optional tomatoes in a thick "broth" made from pulverized chili peppers & a liquid (may vary from water to tomato juice to meat broth depending on the recipe). you stew it until it forms a spicy hearty meat sludge. alone it is a great winter meal. it also happens to be a condiment extrodinaire for hotdogs & fries.
there is however a huge conflict over whether beans are allowed in the dish. in the southwest where it originated, propper chile does not have beans. yankees, in their charming naivete, added beans to the dish and sparked a decades old argument.

barring chile, the only condiments i'll put on fries are ketchup w/hotsauce or cocktail sauce (ketchup w/ horseradish & lemon juice).

Sorry, LOVE beans in my chili! My favorite is a base of poblanos, jalapenos, garlic and onion with beef, beef broth, tomato sauce (lol) brown sugar, chili powder, oregano and salt. Then, yes, beans!! ;)

Pops2

Sorry, LOVE beans in my chili! My favorite is a base of poblanos, jalapenos, garlic and onion with beef, beef broth, tomato sauce (lol) brown sugar, chili powder, oregano and salt. Then, yes, beans!! ;)
i love poblanos & chipotles for the peppers. no tomatoes or tomato sauce. i prefer to mix meats (pork & deer, dove & rabbit, beaver & turkey etc). the absolute must have spices are cumin, oregano, cilantro & various peppers (smoked paprika is a nice one). chili powder is just a blend of cumin, garlic & pepper so i don't bother w/ it. i prefer strong red onions in it. i also like to add fish sauce or worcestershire when i brown the meat. AND i like a dash of unsweetened cocoa. not enough to make it a mole, just enough to drive you crazy wondering what the strange flavor is.
if you must add beans, they must be black turtle beans (frijoles negros).

Oh i do add extra cumin too....but the recipe I posted is my "fast" chili so I use a chili powder blend made locally that i like:)

Yes, mixed meats are good, but I am lazy lol. Also, really dont like pork but venison is good in it if I have it.

Members online

No members online now.