Would you buy this?

Would you buy something like this?

• Total voters

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
I am trying my hand at having an etsy store again and really wanted to keep to stuff I would use myself, or my dogs. Still in the beginning phases, but wanted to see how interested people would be in this type of stuff.

My first prototype:

I will be starting off making bracelets, collars, leashes, and leash tabs in various braids. If anyone is interested in testing (or purchasing!) sometime, please let me know!

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Thats a neat idea. Another thin you may want to look into making in that style is the paracord type bracelets. They have cords that can be removed from the bracelets to be used in a wilderness life or death type situation :)

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Thats a neat idea. Another thin you may want to look into making in that style is the paracord type bracelets. They have cords that can be removed from the bracelets to be used in a wilderness life or death type situation :)
Sorry, didn't mention it but these are made out of paracord. :)

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
I would, because it's colorful AND looks sturdy. :D That is always the sort of thing I'm looking for when I make/buy my collars. I want something different! Especially for boy dogs, when the options in stores are always just "blue nylon". :p

Locke

I would love a collar and leash set like that. Sign me up!

eta: Not 100% sure on the leash. Depends on how it feels on the hands. Now that I think of it, would paracord burn your hands if the dog lunged?

Lizmo

Water Junkie
I would be interested in testing one out as a dog leash. How it holds up to tugging, pulling, and water.

Izzy's Valkyrie

Very Food Agressive
I'd buy one! I have a huge paracord bracelet that a friend's husband made and I loooove it. He and his wife both make really neat pieces that can be functional but look good. I've been joking about having them make a Tango sized collar in dark red but with his current hate for collars I've laid off it.

ANYWAYS, yeah those things are super popular if you can make them kid/dog sized. A lease might burn your hands if a dog lunges, maybe make a loop at the end and line it with something softer?

S

SevenSins

What style and material would the clasp be made of and how would the D or O ring be situated? Those would be the deciding factors for me.

Taqroy

I would not, but only because I can make them. :p I can think of a couple of people I know that would buy them though.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Thanks everyone for commenting (and voting). I'll get back to everyone once I've had a chance to experiment more.

Depends how thin and flexible they are! :p
In this weave they are about 3/4" wide. The clip on these are 5/8" (it's a bracelet) but collars will have a 3/4" buckle on them.

How much do they stretch?
They should not stretch as the paracord is pre-shrunken before being weaved.

What style and material would the clasp be made of and how would the D or O ring be situated? Those would be the deciding factors for me.
This is another thing I will be sending out testers for. It's easy to place a D-ring, but need to see how well it holds out being used "in the field".

I loooove my survivor bracelet that Jes got me and always find myself thinking how much I would love one for Traveler. The biggest issue I have is the plastic buckle, I tend to not trust them that much.

Members online

No members online now.