Pre-made raw suggestions. Honest Kitchen maybe?

I've been feeding my two dogs Orijen mixed with different Evo 95% canned for a while now, but I'd really like to add some raw to their diet. I've read up on it, but I'm still worried that if I gave them a big meaty bone I'm going to kill them with e.coli. So I'm looking to go the pre-made raw route; The first one I saw was Honest Kitchen. It looks pretty good, but I hear it's way more expensive than other raw products.

So what are some companies that make good pre-made raw foods?

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
The HK is good stuff, but it is also very pricey.

I think all pre-made stuff is going to be more expensive than just going raw.

BostonBanker

Primal is my favorite because it has a good variety of protein (duck is Meg's clear favorite). I also use Nature's Variety and a locally made product.

I would just start out slow on your own giving a piece of beef or chicken ect here and there with their food and then slowly increase--it's a lot cheaper than premade and I actually feel safer knowing exactly what happened to that meat before I give it to them (that it is stored and prepared properly--I make my own 'mix")

Hillside

Original Twin
I feed the Nature's Variety frozen raw. I am very happy with it and most importantly, so is Django. I know there are a couple other members here that use the NV too. I do teh premade raw because it isn't just only me that feeds him, my boyfriend does in the mornings and it is REALLy hard to get him to follow instructions. There is less room for error in our situation this way.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I've seen good results in others dogs with Nature's Variety, but I would still feel better preparing it all myself if I went that route. It's not that big of an extra step. But NV and HK are good choices nonetheless.

Members online

No members online now.