Mina's ID card came in the mail today. :)

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
Mina's ID card finally came in the mail today. I mentioned filling out the information for it at Woofstock. It finally arrived. :) I'm quite happy with it, especially as it can come in handy quite a bit for proof of ownership if the need should ever arise.

Here it is! (I distorted my address and phone number, sorry. ;) )

Wow, I never knew you could get ID cards for dogs. I knew of ID tags... but now cards, interesting. Can you get those done anywhere like at a vet's office? Or is there only specific places?

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
I don't know where to get them honestly. I got it for free at Woofstock, it was through an insurance company I believe. Their name is on the top left corner, you could try contacting them. :)
I put it right in front of my photo id in my wallet. Because doG forbid if I got in an accident and couldn't make it home, it'd at least be pretty clear that I have pets at home waiting.

ETA: I got an agents card with Mina's ID card, I'm going to try contacting her about how to get them other than at events because I'd like one for Upendi too. I'll let you know what I find out.

colliewog

Collies&Terriers, Oh My!
Years ago I sent off for something like that. It was called a Doggie Driver License or something like that. It came with a small one for the dog's collar and a wallet size for the owner. Strictly novelty but I was young and a sucker ... so I had one for all 6 of my dogs! They made some money on me!!

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
Years ago I sent off for something like that. It was called a Doggie Driver License or something like that. It came with a small one for the dog's collar and a wallet size for the owner. Strictly novelty but I was young and a sucker ... so I had one for all 6 of my dogs! They made some money on me!!
Mine was free. :D

Like I said I got it because one it will go towards proof of ownership should I ever need it. And it's in my wallet right in front of my ID so if I were ever in an accident it'd be pretty clear I have pets at home waiting. :)

Lolas Dad

Mine was free. :D

Like I said I got it because one it will go towards proof of ownership should I ever need it. And it's in my wallet right in front of my ID so if I were ever in an accident it'd be pretty clear I have pets at home waiting. :)
Did you happen to catch that episode of Rescue Ink where the guy was in the hospital because he was attacked. He had three pit bulls at home and a few times he left the hospital to go home and feed them. No one helped take care of his dogs until Rescue Ink was contacted. They took his dogs and took care of them until he was out of the hospital. Then they returned them to him.

Hopefully if something was to happen where your dog needed someone to take care of him somebody would step up and help out.

Members online

No members online now.