food dispensing toys besides Tug-a-Jug?

hotdog2007

Hello,

I got my dog a Tug-a-Jug to eat a portion of her kibble out of, and she loves it. (Well, she would probably prefer if I just gave her a heaping bowl of food, but it keeps her occupied, LOL.) I would like to get her a couple of other challenging food dispensing toys to mix things up and give her more mental stimulation. They have to be very sturdily built, as she's very destructive, so things like filling an empty milk jug with kibble are out. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
I have a tug a jug, a buster cube, kongs, and a monster mouth made by jolly pets all for food dispensing occupying dogs. I had an orange ball from petsmart, but it gave up food so rarely I returned it as no one wanted to play with it.

lizzybeth727

Why not let her tear up a milk jug? I use all kinds of plastic bottles for my dog.

I also use cardboard boxes, close them up or tape them shut and the dog has to tear it up to get the food out.

Premier has several good toys, check out the Best Buddy toys. Petsmart also has some new toys, I like the molecuball and talk to me treatball the best.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I'm a big fan of the whole Busy Buddy line. My dogs have at least one of each of the following: Squirrel Dude, Twist n Treat, Biscuit Block, Kibble Nibble, and Bristle Bone.

They also enjoy their Treatstik and Canine Genius Mike toys. A Tricky Treat Ball is on their Christmas list lol.

cwebbatya

I have a kong and wont change it for the life of me. Although I believe Chelsey is gettin a bit bored with it... haha

Last edited by a moderator:

lizzybeth727

I don't understand using kongs to dispense kibble. The opening is so large it only takes one or two kicks and all the food is out. :confused: Even when you mix dry kibble with peanut butter or something - unless you use a LOT of peanut butter - it still comes out in clumps. Don't get me wrong, I love kongs, but for meals - like, dry kibble only - there are such better toys. Even an empty water bottle is better than a kong.

hotdog2007

Thanks everyone! I am going to order a couple today. I'll definitely get the Molecuball, since I'm a chemist, so that's perfect for me :).

Members online