Help I think my dog has a bladder probelm!!!

Bug

Im not quite sure whats going on with my dog. He is a year old Boston terrier/ beagle mix, I've had him for about 8 months now. Anyways I would say for the most part he is house broken, and if he does happen to go in the house he would only go the bathroom/kitchen, living room floor (places where there isnt any carpet). Latley he has only been going outside (thanks god!), but everyonce in a while I will catch him peing on the carpet but its not intentional, it seems as if it just slips out. For example just a few minutes ago he was just sitting by my feet and next thing I knew my socks were all warm and wet. Or he will be walking and a small trail of pee will be following him. But the wierdest thing happened the other night I was using my computer and saw him sleeping, then all of a sudden he got up and ran into the closet like he was in trouble, and in the spot where he was sleeping was a big puddle of pee on the carpet.

Now I didnt know that dogs wet the bed and this isnt the first time this just explains those times when I let him sleep in the bed with me and I wake up with pee all over me (not a good way to start he day).

Is this common? Is he trying to get more attention than he is already getting? Is this something that the vet could treat? Any info would help, THANKS!

Fran27

It might be a bladder infection. I would definitely take him to the vet. Tips was doing that at some point also, but he was younger.

IlUvMyAnImAlZ05

Cats&Dogs r what I live 4
Most likely a UTI (Urinary Tract Infection). When we got are Husky/Lab mix she was doing the same stuff at the time she was 2 mos. old and did this for Months! When took her to the vet after she was doing this for about a week. The vet ran a Urinary culture and she had an infection he gave her an antibiotic then she still didn't get better so took her back got a stronger antibiotic and it slowly got better. We had to replace are living room carpet because she had peed on it so MUCH! All the carpet smelled like was pee. Even though we cleaned it each time after she peed. She had this UTI as soon as we adopted her from the shelter.
I would take her to the vet.
GOOD LUCK!!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
ditto and agree to all above. YOu can collect a specimen in a clean container and take it in if your vet will agree to that if not they will get one in the office. You deffinately need to see what is wrong before it works its way up to the kidneys.

Members online

No members online now.