One Month ago today...

JessLough

Love My Mutt
One month ago today, my fears came true. One month ago today, we said our final goodbyes to Rascal. My world came crashing down.

I miss you so ****ing much. It still hurts like hell that you aren't here. Every time I wake up in the morning, I miss how you would run up to the cage door to greet me good morning. I miss your half-coloured nose. I miss the way you'd ask to come out to drink from the dog's water dish, cause you hated that stupid water bottle. I miss our cuddles, I miss sitting down and feeding you baby food. I miss taking you out in the snow, and while you may be miserable, you'd put up with it for me. I miss your angry face when putting you in clothing. I miss you.

This month was quite "easy", in comparison to others I guess. I mean, there was no big life events. The next few months will be much harder :( First event without you, first Easter Bunny pictures without you, first birthday party without you....

You helped me grow up, buddy. You taught me so much. Because of you, I got involved with the rescue. You taught me how much love ferrets can give. It's because of you that Renegade, Rogue and Harley came to live with me. It's because of you that Kirk and Spock had a home to come to while waiting for foster care. It's because of you that other ferrets will be given the same chance. It's because of you that a 5 year old female ferret may be coming here, to wait for a forever foster placement. You gave all those ferrets that second chance in life. It was all you.

I wish you could have met more people. You changed many people's mind about ferrets. Made them realize that ferrets are NOT stupid, smelly animals. You showed them how much love a ferret can give. You showed them all that a ferret can do. You saved the lives of many ferrets, buddy. All by being yourself.

You wouldn't believe how many people said, "He taught you all he could, he wasn't needed anymore". They are wrong. I DID still need you. I DO still need you.

cloudcandy

Cloudcandy
:,( This was painfull to read.I cant imagine how much of a tough time this is for you but I hope it gets better.Rascal must miss you to

Toller_08

(((hugs))) I am so sorry, Jess. I wish there was something more I could say or do... :(

Doberluv

(((hugs)))I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time. That what you wrote sure does express how very special he was to you. And I know he was lucky to have had that time with you. I know that knowing him has enriched your life tremendously. You're lucky for that even though the cost is very dear. (((((hugs)))))

Members online