Audrey: Deerslayer!

So after busting my hump in the backyard (2 acres) today with the tractor, chainsaw, and FIRE!1, I was cooking some AWESOME Johnsonville Cajun Sausages on the grill for some din-din. I was looking over my neighbors awesome 32 acres and noticed that about a dozen does and baby deer were munching grass and the blackberry buds about 600 yards away. (Yes...I used my rangefinding riflescope. NO. I didn't cap any :eek: )

Then I notice a shadowy figure slinking around way in the distance. Raccoon? Opossum? Chupacabra? Nope. My GD cat!

Audrey is the only of our three cats that go outside...she was straight up trying to bring down a deer. She went from tree to tree all stealthy like, then she charged. It was like a local version of discovery channel. The funny part was that when she got into the small gaggle of deer they just ignored her and wandered away.

When she came in tonight I gave her a chunk of Spam and told her "Nice effort, babe!".

Oh yeah. That cat loves Spam.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Katelina would have done the same thing!! She's some hunter!! She's brought me so far this year: 8 Birds, 6 Mice, 1 Rat (that was bigger than she is!!) 2 Lizards, 3 Shrews and a Mole!!! I'm starting to worry about the wildlife populations round here!! But what can you do?!! :D

Oh and I once had a huge Tom cat called Tom (original or what!!!) that used to steal food from peoples houses and bring it in!! :D Our neighbours were having their bathroom refitted, and Tom came in with a huge Ham sandwich in his mouth! It was wrapped in cling film and everything! He'd been into the workmans van and stolen their lunches and brought them into our house!! Lol!! :D Oh and he once brought us in some sausages that he'd stolen off the dinner table of our neigbours house! Shane (our neighbour) had put her kids dinners on the table and went out into the garden to call them in leaving the door open, and Tom scooted in and stole all the Sausages off the plates!!! Lol! I have loads of funny stories involving that cat!! :D

That's a cat with Ambition!

I once just had to pull over and park on the side of the road to watch a cat stalking a heron. It was freezing weather, and the heron was standing out on a frozen pond. Cat was trying to sneak up on this huge bird - one that was armed with a bayonet for a beak I might add - while slipping on the ice. Every time the cat would get close, the heron would just step a bit farther out on the ice and turn it's head back and look at the cat. It must have continued for at least 10 minutes until reality finally broke in and said, "Yo, Cat, you're being suckered out to thin ice. You'll get wet. And cold. Give it up."

Members online

No members online now.