Art Contest

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
It's coming along Very nicely! There have been a few paintings/and such that are REALLY nice!

Smkie: Yup :) I got them! They where actually in my junk mail and I didn't see them until now, but I have them now :) Wow and it's really nice!! The pomeranian (right?) and the dolls! That's really nice :)

*edit* oh and I have some nice shiny paper to print it out on :D So it will look very nice

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i wish you all the luck in the world. Keep up the good works! And take photos!!!! i want to see the others, that is what makes it soooo much fun.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
wellll i am waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with bells on HOW DID YOU DO?:D

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
LabBreeder said:
i wish i'd known about it b4 today...i'd have entered. :)
Aww don't worry bout it labBreeder! The auction was awesome! :) Maybe next year? ;)

But yea the auction was awesome! There where more people then I thought there would be and more paintings that I thought would be entered! I haven't been back to the HS to see what the total was but it was a lot! Thanks for everyone gave best wishes!

And a special thanks to smkie!

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Not sure yet smkie. I couldn't stay and I had to leave before the final iten so I am going to go back to the shelter later today and find out. But before I left the peices had been selling for a good amount of money! Yours was one of the higher, but the highest I saw when I was there was $320 for this big painting that was just, IMHO, weird lol but I guess the people liked it lol.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
The assumption by most people is that big is worth more no matter what it looks like. At our auction this 6 or 7 ft thing of two cats in shilouette (sp?) dark against a greenish bluish backround went for a huge price. Yet something that took unbelievable hours brought far less. That was one reason i did both, a painting that took forever PLUS is big for the ARTS UNLEASHED auction this year. I am testing out a theory and will see if i am right. If i am big is the way i will be going from now on.

Appears you did a wonderful job for first year. Usually first year doesn't do well at all in almost any art type function, then increases dramatically afterwards. I am very proud oh you ya know. It is a lot of work setting it up:)

Great job! Like we expected anything else ;)

Now, BabyB . . . don't let someone else take all the credit for coming up with this! It's yours and things like this go a looooong way in the college files! Have someone on the board write a letter thanking you for your ideas and organization on this first annual fund raiser and make copies and put them somewhere safe! I know you didn't do it for credit or for yourself in any way, but believe me, someone who doesn't deserve the credit will be only to happy to take it and run away with it, and you'll find yourself completely cut out of participating in the future.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
when do we get to see pics?;) I hope there are pics:D paweeese let there be pics:p

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
smkie said:
when do we get to see pics?;) I hope there are pics:D paweeese let there be pics
Yup I do have pics! The only thing is I'm having trouble with my camera :confused: I don't know what's wrong with it.....I'm thinking one of the cords that goes to the computer is bent or something...or it could be my computer (it's been acting funny anyways), but I promise I'll post them as soon as I can! There is one cat painting that your going to LOVE!!! :)

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
smkie said:
The assumption by most people is that big is worth more no matter what it looks like. At our auction this 6 or 7 ft thing of two cats in shilouette (sp?) dark against a greenish bluish backround went for a huge price. Yet something that took unbelievable hours brought far less. That was one reason i did both, a painting that took forever PLUS is big for the ARTS UNLEASHED auction this year. I am testing out a theory and will see if i am right. If i am big is the way i will be going from now on.

Appears you did a wonderful job for first year. Usually first year doesn't do well at all in almost any art type function, then increases dramatically afterwards. I am very proud oh you ya know. It is a lot of work setting it up:)
I know....bigger isn't always better! lol It really was wonderful! I hope this continues to be so good!! and so much fun!! I really loved it :)

Renee750il said:
Great job! Like we expected anything else ;)

Now, BabyB . . . don't let someone else take all the credit for coming up with this! It's yours and things like this go a looooong way in the college files! Have someone on the board write a letter thanking you for your ideas and organization on this first annual fund raiser and make copies and put them somewhere safe! I know you didn't do it for credit or for yourself in any way, but believe me, someone who doesn't deserve the credit will be only to happy to take it and run away with it, and you'll find yourself completely cut out of participating in the future.
Ya know I never even thought about that. lol my bad. I should do that shouldn't I? lol I'll have to get myeslf a letter then! lol

Members online

No members online now.