Hello from San Antonio

Hello everyone. My name is Sabrina and I live in San Antonio, TX with my two dogs; Apollo the Zuchon and Taffy the Miniature Poodle. Apollo suffers from severe atopy, which I am trying to get under control and Taffy has been diagnosed with Mitral Valve Disease. Once I get their conditions under control, I'm planning on getting a third dog. I plan on getting a Yorkshire Terrier, Doxie-Chon, Miniature Goldendoodle or a Rottweiler.

Hello everyone. My name is Sabrina and I live in San Antonio, TX with my two dogs; Apollo the Zuchon and Taffy the Miniature Poodle. Apollo suffers from severe atopy, which I am trying to get under control and Taffy has been diagnosed with Mitral Valve Disease. Once I get their conditions under control, I'm planning on getting a third dog. I plan on getting a Yorkshire Terrier, Doxie-Chon, Miniature Goldendoodle or a Rottweiler.
Welcome to the forum! I'm sorry to hear of your dogs conditions..

I'm sorry, what is a zuchon, doxie-chon, and miniature golden doodle. I have never heard of such breeds. I am assuming they are not breeds but mixes? If so, of what?

Do you do any activities with your dogs?

Thanks! Apollo really just has the allergy problems, but Taffy has some real serious health problems. A Zuchon is a cross between a Bichon Frise and a Shih Tzu, a Doxie-Chon is a cross between a Bichon Frise and a Dachshund and a Miniature Goldendoodle is a cross between a Golden Retriever and a Miniature Poodle. They are designer breeds. Dog breeds aren’t even a real thing. We made them up. Apollo is a watchdog, competes in agility, obedience and knows over 50 different tricks. Taffy is/was my working dog is retrieves, is also a watchdog, competes in agility, obedience and also knows over 50 tricks.

Thanks for the welcome!

Thanks! Apollo really just has the allergy problems, but Taffy has some real serious health problems. A Zuchon is a cross between a Bichon Frise and a Shih Tzu, a Doxie-Chon is a cross between a Bichon Frise and a Dachshund and a Miniature Goldendoodle is a cross between a Golden Retriever and a Miniature Poodle. They are designer breeds. Dog breeds aren’t even a real thing. We made them up. Apollo is a watchdog, competes in agility, obedience and knows over 50 different tricks. Taffy is/was my working dog is retrieves, is also a watchdog, competes in agility, obedience and also knows over 50 tricks.

Thanks for the welcome!
Oh I would've never thought of those, although I should have been able to figure out the mini golden doodle one. The mini part was throwing me off as I've never heard of that.

Do you train them to be a watchdog or are you saying they have guarding or other watchdog traits naturally?

Very cool with all the tricks training!

Members online

No members online now.