registration questions

P

Purdue#1

What are some reasons a dog breeder wouldn't give you the registration? Also, I called the club they register their dogs to and the registration costs less than the breeder said, Why? :confused:

bubbatd

The breeder registers the litter , then gives you the paper to register the pup in your name. This is for AKC. What club are you talking about ??

L

LabBreeder

I don't know what NSDR is for but you should have gotten the papers to register your pup from the breeder. You fill in your info and the pups name and some other info, send it in with money and get the papers in a couple weeks. Did you ask the breeder about it?

bubbatd

I'm not familiar with it either .... BTW .... it's IU#1 .... Pee-U #2 !!! LOL!!

P

Purdue#1

the NSDR is the NATIONAL Stock Dog Registry in Butler, Indiana.

BTW. My brother is going to IU, and He likes UK. I want to go to Purdue.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Some breeders will only give limited registration for pet quality dogs. That means that any puppies born to the dog would not be eligible for registration. By doing so, it keeps unscrupulous people from trying to produce puppies for money (non-registered dogs sell for much less than registered pups).

Other times, breeders will not provide registeration papers for pet quality dogs until the pup has been spayed or neutered.

But if your breeder is withholding registration for no particular reason, I would certainly be suspicious.

P

Purdue#1

I was thinking about training him to work stock, and maybe show in 4H competitions when he gets older.

My uncle wants me to get the registration. he has a farm so i could train my dog there.
He said that if i worked with my dog it would be able to do everything except talk.

Why would they hold the registration for no reason?

L

LabBreeder

purdue - It seems like the answer to your question is on the first page of the website. Litters aren't registered. The breeder has to fill out an application and give it to the puppy owner. Did your breeder give you this application filled out for you to turn in? If not, you need to get it filled out and send in the paper with the $10 app fee. Here is what it says:
WE DO NOT LITTER REGISTER-THIS FORM IS ALL THAT IS REQUIRE IN ORDER TO REGISTER PUPPIES.

BREEDER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR FILLING OUT THE APPLICATION TO GIVE TO NEW PUPPY OWNERS

Name of Breed___________________This mating took place on this date:________________________

Mating was between this male dog________________________NSDR #________________________

and this female dog________________________________NSDR #___________________________

We(I) owners of the male and female certify the above mating took place as stated above.

Signed Owner of Male____________________Signed Owner of Female_________________________

Name male dog's owner__________________________Phone: ( )_________-______________

Address_______________________City__________________________State___Zip Code________

Name female dog's owner________________________Phone: ( )_________-______________

Address_______________________City_________________________State____Zip Code________

The above Certified Mating took place by my (owner of female) request, and I (we) did( ) did not( ) witness it.

I (we) further testify, that previous to this mating, this female has been confined where there was no possibility of contact with any other male and, during the remaining days of her acceptance period, I (we ) will (or did) take every possible precaution to assure that she was mated only with the above-named Stud Dog.

From this mating there were ( ) pup(s) born on this Date:____________________________

From this litter ( ) males ( ) females survived. Signed Owner of female_______________________

Remarks:________________________________________________________________________

P

Purdue#1

I called the registry. it wasn't just $10. it was $40. Does that mean its an additional $40 because that's not what the breeder is saying. when we first got the dog we didn't really care about the registration. then i started thinking about it and my dad said that if i could get the money i could get the registration myself. Now i want the registration. the breeder says that if we would have bought the dog with the registration The dog would have cost $300. That's $150 more than what we paid and $100 more than what the registry says. Why?

Jynx

I'm familiar with NSDR, alot of border collies are registered with NSDR vs AKc,

Some breeders will sell puppies for less without registration papers.. So you got a cheaper price on the puppy because you opted to NOT receive registration papers.

All breeders are different and work their "papers" and selling technics differently...I would ask, is this dog spayed or neutered? That may be a reason the breeder will not give you papers now, because IF you bred the dog and sold the puppies, you'd get more for them (as this breeder would have), IF you sell the puppies as NSDR registered parents.

I guess my suggestion would be this, if you now want the registration papers, pay the extra money to the breeder to get them, OR ask them if they would give you the papers IF you showed proof the dog was spayed/neutered. Not saying they'll go for the latter, but it's worth a try. Otherwise it looks like if you want those papers you'll have to pay for them.
Diane

Members online

No members online now.