Gravity

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Now that it's been out for a month, please tell me some of you have seen this film.

The boy and I went to see it tonight and I still can't unclench my jaw. My mind is blown.

If you haven't seen Gravity yet, take a muscle relaxer or an Ativan and then go see it. But maybe not if you're claustrophobic. Or agoraphobic. Especially not if you're both.

We had a great philosophical discussion on the very real perils of the conflicting space programs and other fun topics. :D

Brattina88

I saw it in 3D :eek:

It. Was awesome!!!! :cool:

But totally unrealistic, IMO. And that's how I calmed myself down after the movie :rofl1:

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I'll keep discussion spoiler-free, so no stress. :D

OTE=joce;2318087]I get anxious seeing previews! No way![/QUOTE]

That's not unwarranted! I read some spoiler-free reviews before going in that essentially said that you would be tense and at the edge of your seat the whole time, and in my case boy were they right. But I don't regret seeing it. At all. I'm glad I overcame the fear. :D

I saw it in 3D :eek:

It. Was awesome!!!! :cool:

But totally unrealistic, IMO. And that's how I calmed myself down after the movie :rofl1:
One of the few films I actually say was better in 3D than without! Holy wow, I flinched in a few scenes which I've NEVER done before.

Unrealistic to a degree, I agree. The anti-grav was done so well that even astrophysicists only had a handful of qualms. Things like distance and orbits are indeed completely realistic, but it wasn't those aspects of the film that stuck with me. I'm impressed that astronauts, astrophysicists and even popular astronomy skeptics were thoroughly impressed by the film's accuracy, saying it was the best to date, which I'd agree. :)

(I read that Sandra Bullock stayed in the "anti-grav" chamber for ten hours at a time because it was so difficult to get in and out of. Wow.)

Snark

Mutts to you
Saw it last weekend in 3D, I thought it was totally awesome and I never, ever want to go into space. :yikes:

I was in first grade when John Glenn orbited the earth for the first time and remember watching the splash down on TV. As a kid, it was kinda neat, as an adult, I am amazed at the courage it took to do that, especially with no guarantees of getting up there or returning home safely...

JacksonsMom

I can't wait to go see this! I saw Captain Philips the other day, though which was great. I'd highly recommend that one too.

JacksonsMom

Wow... just saw this. Now I know what you mean. I was so anxious the whole time. The 3D was also fantastic and I usually hate 3D movies. But holy crap, it almost even made me a bit nauseous lol. Sooo freaky, I'm probably going to have dreams about floating around in space now. I mean, to be honest, the plot wasn't anything to write home about but the movie was so well done and well acted.

Members online

No members online now.