Training/Agility/Flyball in Vancouver??

Michiyo-Fir

Edit: Mods, please move this to the general discussion forum! Sorry!!

Is there anyone on this board that knows any places for general training class, obedience, agility or flyball in the Greater Vancouver area??? I'm actually in the Richmond part of Metro Vancouver.

I've been looking around a lot but I haven't found ANYTHING. I've been to a few agility places and I've been hanging around a lot but many of them are based on negative methods like choke collars and leash pops. Nia being completely soft absolutely cannot take such training methods.

The one is the one closest to me and his methods are extremely harsh. One of my friend's brought his lab to this center and he thought the trainer was going to choke him to death with the choke collar!

BC Canine Training Centre ? Dog Training Vancouver ? Richmond, Delta, Vancouver dog daycare

Another lady sounded pretty good over the phone, she says she uses positive reinforcement and so we met. She charged $300 for like 2 hrs of private training and just went on and on and on about alpha, dominance theories. She just kept talking about not letting my dog go out the door in front of me, not allowed to walk in front of me, cannot eat before me, etc. etc. etc. That was not money well spent at all.

When I showed her Nia's reactivity she kept saying that's absolutely aggression, it will only escalate until your dog wants to kill the other dogs, etc. even though I know for a fact Nia doesn't even growl or bite, she only barks and wags and licks because she doesn't have confidence meeting other dogs.

I've looked at a couple of websites and can't seem to find anything worthy of trying.

Does anyone know anything?

~Tucker&Me~

I know someone who is GREAT for agility training. All positive reinforcement/clicker and she knows her stuff. Also just a really nice lady, gets personally invested in her students and becomes a friend.

I'll PM you her email :) (though tomorrow b/c I am just about to go out).

Also know a great flyball team that I can probably put you in contact with. They are really good but also really competitive so if you join they are expecting you to compete with them I think, not just once a week classes for recreation. As for obedience I have heard great things about a trainer but have never personally visited her. I know she works with HUGABULL pittie rescue though.

I will PM you tomorrow! :)

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I've met this trainer at AAC nationals 2010, she's really nice (or maybe that's just because i had izzie with me lol) and her pugs are very good.

K9 INCREDIBLES - GIVE YOUR DOGS AN EDUCATION.

She's training dogs consistently to a national level and works with non traditional breeds which i find a testament to her training quality. I believe she's positive only but i can't say for sure (she seemed like it when i was talking to her).

Michiyo-Fir

Thanks a lot guys. I was really getting frustrated with the classes and trainers around here. I'll have to give them a call later, probably after my exams to see if I can get Nia enrolled in something. I'd love to do some agility.

cnesbitt

Vancouver agility/flyball

I too am looking for some agility or flyball to get my border collie into.
She is 5 years old and a real sweetheart. Aggression is not in her vocabulary as long as you don't threaten my wife.

Any help or recommendations would be appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.