WE are in for it now.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Salt trucks everywhere for our drive home. And I look out my window and see a sky like this. Wonder how much is coming.

We have supplies, no one has to go anywhere tomorrow, so let it snow. I do truly love it when it is like this. A snow day is one a person can actually relax if all the bases are covered. Best part is it's so pretty.

MicksMom

...I do truly love it when it is like this. A snow day is one a person can actually relax if all the bases are covered. Best part is it's so pretty.
My sentiments exactly! I love being "snowbound". Hubby, of course, thinks I'm crazy.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
We got slightly more than a dusting here. It's as cold as a witch's you know what here but the roads are dry.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Hyia just came in with Pepper and said "there's big chunks of it coming down now.". Best snow day ever is when you have good pizza and firewood. We dont' have that, but I do have warm dogs and good blankets. THe best part is no one can call and ask me to go and do anything. Big grins. If you find a long marathon season of something you enjoy and haven't seen before, even better. I saw the first season of weeds and Breaking Bad on a snow day. It was awesome. Hyia was at Mom's aned I had the whole place to do absolutely nothing. I need a long stretch of that.
Glad my Mom told me to pick up a bag of seed along with her dog food, that was the last of what I had, and I have a group of about 20 cardinals or more..it's hard to tell, 20 for sure, along with all their desperate allies that show up like a wagon train 3 times a day. I even have a pink cardinal, I had to rub my eyes to be sure, but he definitely is a light magenta instead of a rich red. I hope to get a pic of him soon.

I would love the warm but not the muggy. As much as it makes my bones ache, I do love snow. You can come over here with us! I like it when the snow sparkles best. WE haven't had a diamond dust in a while. We sure got a pretty one over Christmas tho, I shouldnt' complain.

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
I love a nice snow day too---as long as no one needs to go anywhere--just sit back, enjoy a cup of coffee and watch the snow come down. Nothing quite like it.
Love the cardinal--I still have to go get some seed!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I called my Mom and told her he came up to the window and said "thanks Marjorie!". Got some hot pomegranate tea. That is what I like.

Door is always open Bogart.

filarotten

Fila the love
Rain, rain, and more rain, here. At least snow is pretty. :) Stay warm. Is your heater working ok now?

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Just in time and not a second too late. Thanks for asking. : ) I have a little space heater for under my desk too so I will be toasty. I don't care what the neighbors think, when I take the dogs out I wrap a blanket around me. It's bitter out there.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Hope you don't get too much. We're having rain down here and it's been around 70. After today's rain, we will go back to the 40's.

ACooper

Rain, rain, and more rain, here. At least snow is pretty. :) Stay warm. Is your heater working ok now?
surprisingly, thats what we got too! snowing 40 minutes west (chicago) and rain here.

should be nice and icy out there this morning :rolleyes:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I don't know what happened to Hyia's chunks of snow because there is nothing but cold out there. Shoot I wish all excited about it too. Someone must have vacuumed it all up in the night. We were suppose to get a good storm, my son's boss even told him to stay home yesterday because she didn't want anyone driving in it. Guess it was a false alarm.

Ahh I see what Hyia meant by chunks now, we got pellets not flakes. Salt trucks might have well saved their time and stayed home.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.