Votes: 24 63.2%
  • Mac OS.

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Linux.

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Ive done this before and Im sure I will do it again.

What Operating System, OS, do you use?

I am going to keep the poll simple to Windows, Mac OS, Linux, or Other.

Please reply with what version of the OS you use, Winows XP, Vista, or 7. Mac OS Panther, Lion Mountain Lion, or ETC. Unix users, and Linux users chime in.

I have one machine that does have Windows on it, but I only log into it to install updates.

I have 4 machines that run Linux, the main PC that runs Ubuntu, the Server that runs Ubuntu Server, the laptop dual boots with Linux Mint and W7, and the second PC running Linux Mint.

When I build, or purchase, a new main PC the old one will be taken out and shot, literally. The new one will run Linux Mint.

Win 7 because I really needed word and excel to work.

Ubuntu on a second desktop that I'm not running at the moment. If I see anymore commercials for IE I might just go back on the main desktop.

Win 7 because I really needed word and excel to work.

Ubuntu on a second desktop that I'm not running at the moment. If I see anymore commercials for IE I might just go back on the main desktop.
Have you tried the LibreOfficeSuite? I have had good luck with it and post Office 2007 on my Linux systems and my moms Win Vista/7 machines. Doesnt work so well with Office 2003 however, but then Office 2007 doesnt work that well with Office 2003.

Linux Mint is far faster and customizable then the latest Ubuntu BTW.

ETA: M$ actually has adds for IE?

Xandra

My laptop had Windows 7 on it and this one folder became so enormously bloated that I ran out of space, so I tried to move it and I killed Windows. Now I boot from an ubuntu live cd. I can't move the stupid folder back where it's supposed to be because it's too big.

So to hell with Windows 7, I know everyone says mean things about Vista but I dont' think I've ever had any problems with it and it certainly hasn't self-destructed yet.

My laptop had Windows 7 on it and this one folder became so enormously bloated that I ran out of space, so I tried to move it and I killed Windows. Now I boot from an ubuntu live cd. I can't move the stupid folder back where it's supposed to be because it's too big.

So to hell with Windows 7, I know everyone says mean things about Vista but I dont' think I've ever had any problems with it and it certainly hasn't self-destructed yet.
What folder is it? What program is tied to it?

Vista is pretty solid with Service Pack 2, until it isnt.

Vista is great until it isnt, like the Mac OSX. They work and then they dont, that is my experience YMMV.

7 a is far more solid of an OS this early into its life cycle then Vista was at the same point.

Working for an ISP, I am not looking forward to Windows 8 being released later this month. And I have worked with W8.

Saeleofu

Windows 7, though I do have two dead laptops (screen's dead, they'd make perfectly good desktops), one with Vista and one with XP. I use XP at one job, and 7 at the other job. I used to love XP, but now after using 7 I hate it. But I still hate Vista more.

I've been meaning to get around to trying out some sort of Linux for years, but haven't really made it a priority to date. Some day. I've used Puppy Linux in a pinch, but I didn't much care for that one.

stafinois

Professional Nerd
I can't access the poll from Tapatalk, but we have one Windows XP netbook and several Ubantu machines.

Honestly, I mostly use my Android phone and tablet for being online.

stafinois

Professional Nerd
Sorry for the double post, I can't edit.

I get more and more tempted to switch my netbook to Linux, but I need a few windows programs.

My husband has been the one experimenting with Linux, and none of his projects have gone well. If I do it, I plan on being more careful.

Xandra

What folder is it? What program is tied to it?

Vista is pretty solid with Service Pack 2, until it isnt.

Vista is great until it isnt, like the Mac OSX. They work and then they dont, that is my experience YMMV.

7 a is far more solid of an OS this early into its life cycle then Vista was at the same point.

Working for an ISP, I am not looking forward to Windows 8 being released later this month. And I have worked with W8.
winsxs was the folder. I only had the OS on my C drive and it ate up the entire drive.

what do you mean what program is it tied to? Do you mean what program did I use to try to move it? I can't remember that lol

My Vista has worked for me now for 5-6 years, something like that. So I'm pleased with it.

GipsyQueen

I dual boot Windows 7 and linux - though I usually use windows, because my school programs won't run on linux.

SkyRock

I use Mac Mountain Lion. I need a mac for my university, I also have a PC with Windows Vista but I hate Windows, like I really hate it... I only use my PC when I need to use Sony Vegas Pro.

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
I use a Windows 7 laptop. We have like... 5 computers in our house though. One is a Mac that is quite old now, and I have no idea what the others are, some form of Windows though

Members online

No members online now.