Guess she isn't a Winter morning dog

TahlzK

I am not a morning person but shockingly, I ended up with a job were I start at 6am and I have to be up at 5am.

I generally refuse to get out of bed till 5:20 because I'm lazy and hate early mornings.. But I have recently learnt, Serenity is just as bad as I am, which isn't that good! Especially when I'm running late for work and need to get her outside to lock her up for the day.

Being Winter, it's cold in my room but even colder outside so I allow the dogs to stay cuddled up on my bed while I go inside to get ready for work. I come outside around 5:40 to put the dogs outside..

Well..

A week ago Serenity flat out REFUSED to move from my bed. I tried several things to get her to come but nope.. In the end I had to go pick her up and put her outside.

When it started, I tried coaxing her again but she refused. I had to pick her up.

The next morning I had to stand at the end of my bed and playfully say 'Serenity, come on!' she slowly crawled over to me. It was the cutest thing.

The next morning I called to her, she refused to come so I closed my door and she decided to come wait at the door.

Well, now she just flat out ignores me and lays on the bed. I have to go pick her up every time. She doesn't really like that so once I have her up, she'll follow me outside.

It's just lovely, having to do that, every morning. She knows the 'off' command, she'll do it any other time unless it's the morning. I'm still trying to figure out if this is something I should get her out of or leave it be.

Anyone else have a stubborn bed hog dog?

Assamiea

Baxter generally sleeps on the corner of my sisters bed that is closest to the door. If my sister is still in bed when anyone comes into the room to get him to let him out in the morning he'll look at you, yawn, stretch and then go to the furthest corner of the bed, curl up and go back to sleep. If you manage to grab him before and put him out he'll come in and beg to be let back into my sisters room (if she's still sleeping, if not he doesn't bother and goes to sleep on one of his dog beds) so he can go back to bed.

Rocky is generally up before I am and is ready to go out as soon as I get out of bed. Then he'll come back in and fall asleep infront of the front door until I'm ready to leave for work. My bed is too high for him to jump up on so he doesn't really bother trying to get up on it.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
It's really weird to see people talking about winter when it's sooo hot here LOL

Rosey's not a morning dog, OR a winter dog. I know what you mean LOL

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I end up doing exactly what my parents used to do when we got old enough to refuse to wake up for school lol

Pull off covers, makes a racket, and just be RUDE lol now the dogs know better then to stay in bed.. they would rather just walk to the door themselves then be attacked by the noise haha

crysania

My dog is just NOT a morning dog no matter what time of year! Usually if I want to get her out for a walk I have to coax her out of bed by walking into the kitchen and crinkling her treat bag. She'll get up for food but otherwise forget it.

Toller_08

I sometimes wish mine were not morning dogs, haha. They're all "Omg, you're up!! Yay! Lets eat!". I swear they all lay on their beds staring at me every morning just watching me so they know when I'm awake.

Paige

Let it be
Mine is an ANY TIME YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING IM SO DOWN dog. So if I want to sleep in till 4pm he'd never dream of disturbing me but if I got up at 4am he'd put his game face on.

Lyzelle

Mine is an ANY TIME YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING IM SO DOWN dog. So if I want to sleep in till 4pm he'd never dream of disturbing me but if I got up at 4am he'd put his game face on.
Yeah, this. Zander is pretty much the same way. He'll only wake me up if it's an OMG I NEED TO GO NOOOOWWW emergency. Which isn't often at all. Otherwise, he'll happily sleep until 3pm or get up at 5am. No difference in his mind, I guess.

Although there are some days where he's just plain grouchy and doesn't want to do anything, just sleep. Then there are other days where he is a brat about the bugging and wanting to play when we are up.

He's a generally moody dog once we are up. But while we are sleeping, he is sleeping too.

I try to get Kharma up too early, even to eat, and her reaction is . . . breakfast in bed, lol. If I insist, she drrrrraaaaggggggsssssssss herself halfway to her feet, then ffffflllllloooooowwwwwwwsssssss off the bed like molasses in January, yawns, looks at me reproachfully and huffs as she unwinds herself.

But let one strange sound happen in the dead of night and she's instantly up and at whatever window is closest to the sound, or checking the hallway, before the dip where she was lying on the bed has evened out.

Members online

No members online now.