All things computers

What is everyone's computer set up? I currently have an Acer Aspire and a tablet that I do most of my internet surfing on. I would like to eventually upgrade my netbook to something that works, but it's fine for now.

What does everyone else have? Desktop? lappy tappy? Tablet? Phone?
Windows? Mac?

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I have...

- an overpowered Windows 7 PC with dual monitor setup for my home office/work computer. Due to its power, it's also my gaming PC.

- a five year old Acer laptop with a 15" screen that was sorely abused software wise by the ex-BF. He gave it to me in frustration and said I could have it if I could fix it. I cleaned all the hardware, upgraded the RAM, and loaded Windows 7 onto it. It's my primary photo editing machine that I take when I travel.

- a four year old Acer AspireONE netbook. I carry it everywhere, it's been through hell and back. It's a bit beat up, missing three keys, and still runs like a dream. Two years after I got it I decided to remove the bulky Windows OS and instead load up Ubuntu Netbook Remix, and never regretted it. I use it to jot notes and ideas into online resources like Google Drive, and keep journals.

- a new-to-me refurbed Acer Iconia A500 tablet. Yeah, I like Acer. It's my machine for work at the store, primarily, but it's useful for AlliePets and gaming as well. It runs Android 4.0 ICS.

- My phone is a refurbed Samsung Galaxy S2 runnign Android 4.0 ICS. It's an extension of my brain. I love it.

- I also have a first gen iPod Touch that is somehow still alive.

I like technology. :]

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
I have an iPhone 4S, Nexus 7, 24" iMac, and a 13" MacBook Pro with 8GB RAM and an SSD. It had a hybrid drive, but it sounded like it was thinking of crapping out. There's a 15" MacBook Pro that I could use, but I'm partial to the older 13" for now. :p

I think there's a Dell laptop and a Sony netbook somewhere in my bedroom, too. Both have VAG-COM on them, and the Dell has the software for the vinyl cutter on it when I don't feel like booting the MacBook Pro into Windows. I very rarely use them.

I have an iPhone 5, 2 first gen iPads (they are used mostly for reading and don't leave the house now that I had them signed) and a 3rd gen iPad. I have a 2007 15" MacBook Pro, and a 2012 13" MacBook Pro as well as a 2011 IBM something or other and an htc windows phone for work. There is also a surface tablet, a couple blackberry playbooks and several other computers around the house that I could use, personally I stick to macs though. The only desktop we have is our sons which was built as a gaming machine, which he hasn't really started using, but gradually he is getting more pc games over Xbox games when he can.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Herbert is my Windows 7 desktop that is three years old but just had the logic board and hard drive replaced in it. I desperately need to upgrade the memory in it. It really works great, I just need to go ahead and max it out so it can keep up better for my video editing.

Oliver is my 17" Toshiba laptop that is almost seven years old now, I bought him before I went back to college to be my note-taking machine (also my "surf the internet while in lecture" machine.) I almost bought a netbook a few years back but decided to invest about $60 on maxing out the RAM in Oliver instead, just on a whim that it would be enough and I wouldn't need to drop $300-400 on a new machine. Still a bit sluggish since the max is all of 4GB, but I take it to agility trials with me so I can use the internet and stuff. I wouldn't mind having a netbook still since I do use it to travel, but Oliver ended up being my main machine for the two+ weeks my desktop was down, so really, I'm glad he's stuck around. (If I'd bought a netbook I would have likely sold Oliver on craigslist.)

That's it. No smartphone or iphone, I even have internet access on my phone shut off. I just use it for calls and texting. I don't really have money to buy fancy new technology things or spend on expensive data plans for my phone... and as you can tell from the laptop and my previous desktop, I use my computers forever. =P

I have 2 desktops, both started out as Win Vista machines, and both now run Linux Mint. I dont really game so they serve me and my ADD well, with Steam porting to Linux I may start gaming if I ever upgrade my gear. My main desktop has dual monitors and I watch videos from my server as I dont own a TV.

I have an Acer Aspire desktop doing headless server duty running Ubuntu Server, it acts as my media and file server. It also handles my downloads and hosts my personal website.

The netbook is an Acer Aspire One 721 and is my only machine that has Windows on it. It dual boots Linux Mint and Win 8. I only boot into Win8 to check for updates or to try any new trick or tweak thats come up.

My tablet started as a Kindle Fire and now runs a full Android Jelly Bean ROM. My Samsung Galaxy SII was also recently upgraded to Jelly Bean, but I lost root access .

Members online