We have some new little ones!

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Yep, you read right!

These pets weren't going to come so soon, but well, here they are. :) JessLough got us the supplies and all of it as a Christmas gift.

They are all un-named as of now, and all female. Mind the somewhat stinky photos, I took them without flash and without moving anything in the cage, as I want to disrupt them as little as possible for the first little while.

This is the hamster, nicked "hammie" for now. She belongs to Matt. She's a cream and white, and has bicolour eyes. So cool! I didn't know hamsters could be bicolour.

oh hai!

And here's my two new guinea pigs. :) I've always loved guinea pigs growing up, and was eager to eventually add a pair to the zoo. One is an American smooth, and I think it's colour is defined as brindle, and the other is an Abyssinian tortoiseshell.

The Abyss girlie.

Hanging out in their colourful hiding box.

Hope you like them. :)

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Cute.. are the piggies friendly?
They are a bit skittish right now, we only got them yesterday. They were eating carrots from my hand earlier, though. <3 After a bit of time I'm sure they'll be friendly. Prey animals tend to take time to get used to you. :)

drmom777

Bloody but Unbowed
I love piggies. We are down to one. I don't think that color is brindle, though. I I think it may be something like broken cream, agouti and white. The darker parts are definitely agouti.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I love piggies. We are down to one. I don't think that color is brindle, though. I I think it may be something like broken cream, agouti and white. The darker parts are definitely agouti.
Ah okay, thanks! I was somewhat familiar with the colours when I got them (I knew right away that the mediumhaired one was an Abyssinian tortoiseshell) but the smoothie sure confused me.

drmom777

Bloody but Unbowed
I used to have a lovely agouti dutch shorthair. She was one of our original piggies we found out in the preserve. She was huge and she had a solid agouti baby at the time. I think she is my favorite piggie ever. We named her Mehitabel. She was very friendly, and the largest piggie I have ever seen.

drmom777

Bloody but Unbowed
If you say "piggies" in a sentence anywhere near our piggie, he week weeks up a storm. Limke all 0our other piggies have, he does not recognize that his name is Fluffy Buckley, butr thinks he is called "piggies" and when we mention him, it often involves supper.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
If you say "piggies" in a sentence anywhere near our piggie, he week weeks up a storm. Limke all 0our other piggies have, he does not recognize that his name is Fluffy Buckley, butr thinks he is called "piggies" and when we mention him, it often involves supper.
Awwwwwww!

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
I LOVE Guinea Pigs! I had a male and female that both lived long happy lives with me as a teen. They are so sweet and much more prone to sit in your lap than other little critters. They do make the coolest sounds and make the cutest faces.

CaliTerp07

Hahaha, yes! Mine would do it any time they heard the fridge door opening. Silly little critters :)

Sweet72947

Squishy face
Cute piggies! I <3 abbys (I have two). If I may ask, how big is that cage they are in? Two guinea pigs should be in cage that is a minimum of 4' long by 3' wide. I have a cage called a "C&C" or "Cubes & Chlorplast Cage", and my guinea pigs are bedded on fleece. It makes for much easier cleaning! Here is a link to a website all about guinea pig cages: Guinea Pig Cages, Your Cavy At Home

crazy_paws

No thumbs = No mutiny
They're both adorable! I really like the tortoiseshell coloration. It's really eye-catching.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Thanks everyone. :)

Sweet, their cage is on the minimum size for two. They're just babies, so right at the moment they have a good chunk of room but I'll be looking into upgrading as they grow.

drmom777

Bloody but Unbowed
the cube cages are the best. The piggies really like a lot of room. Our dutch rabbit lives in a smaller cage than the piggie because he gets out for two hours a day. I take the piggie out but limit his range because it is so hard to get him out from under things, especially the radiators.

Members online

No members online now.