Is your dog very curious?

Blondie

I swear, Blondie is like a child. He needs to know everything, see everything, be where the party is, take a look and investigate all around him. I thought this was the most normal thing in dogs, but recently I have noticed people who have pets, and even the vet himself, were surprised at just how curious he is.

If we're walking down the street, and stop at a store to look in a window, he has to stand on his hind legs and put his front paws in the window frame, to take a look, too. If you open up a drawer, his head gets all the way in. You'll never find what you're looking for, because his head and ears lock everything from view. If somebody starts clapping or laughing, he comes running, it doesn't matter where he's at, or what he's doing. But he has to know what's going on.

At night, if he hears noises outside, gets on the furniture, pulls the curtains aside so that he can have a better look at the street, and checks things out. I know it's part of his being territorial, but it's kind of funny, and people immediately notice just how curious he is, and mention other dogs aren't as "nosy". What about your dogs? I'll post a picture later, to prove how he gets under curtains to stare :D

Oh, mine are nosy all right! Got those big snoots into EVERYTHING! Shiva especially fi there might be food involved. :rolleyes: And if anything is moved into a different position, or of one of the cars or tractors is parked in a different spot - even just a few feet different - they have to go check it out. Well the girls do - Kharma's paranoid about that. It takes something real to get Bimmer cranked up, lol! He watches everything that moves, though. You think he's asleep, but if you look you'll see one eye just a wee it open, or one ear turn just a bit to catch some sound, or his nostrils quiver slightly checking a scent. He's a cagey one - wants to know everything going on but doesn't want anyone to know he's watching.

Looking forward to some new photos of Blondie! We've missed hearing all about his antics, too. It sounds like he's doing well and is feeling full of himself. Don't stay away so long!

darkchild16

We are Home.
walker can be. but mostly its scirracco he walks into my room every 10 minutes just to look for a sec then hes off again. lol my jailer making sure i dont do anything i would get in trouble for like i said hes my moms dog

We take Princess to work with us everyday, we own a sign shop. Every time we cut the vinyl and I'm weeding it, she jumps up, front paws on the table trying to see what I'm doing. I'm trying to protect the vinyl from her paws, she then thinks oh, good, play time! So she runs and gets a toy and starts pestering me to play. She also likes to see what we are cooking at night.

Blondie

Renee, I've missed the forum a lot, too! But I started work last month and it has been hectic! It's slowing down, so I can go back to my normal ways!! Blondie's doing fine, I've been wanting to tell the WORLD!!! that his last hemogram was negative: NO EVIDENCE OF EHRLICHIA IN HIS BLOOD!!! WHOO HOO. Of course the vet said it might be still there, but wasn't detected this time because the concentration must not be very high, and we have to keep checking on it to make sure. I just can't believe it and am very thankful, people I know have been praying for him and everything. He needs to get well, having it controled.

He's been very happy lately because we take him for a walk at night, the parking lot where we put our car at night is about half a mile from our home so he loves the ride, and then comes back walking, sniffing at everything, and peeing on everything (how embarrassing... ) Poor Blondie's so unlucky, we even got hit by another car one night and he fell from the seat :( but he's okay, didn't even notice what had happened, poor baby! I could write a book on Blondie's whereabouts, haha.

And I can completely relate to what Bimmer does, because you might think Blondie's sleeping but he's actually very aware of the world around him. Cute guys :)

Blondie

Oh it's going okay, I'm teaching sixth grade this year, which means we'll have a graduation coming up in December (school year begins in February and finishes in December in Costa Rica). Sixth grade is the last one in elementary school, so it's the "most important" hehe. That's why it's so much work :( but it's fun, going okay, so far so good :D

I have the pic of Blondie, as proof that he's the nosiest around...

Just look at his little arms and chest. Don't you just want to squeeze him? :D

Last edited:

Members online