Smelly Ears

Little Girl's ears smell reallly bad like even when she just shakes them i can smell the odor and belive it or not i just cleaned her ears yesterday! I do have a vet app. this month but everytime i take her they give me the same meds and they never work... is there anything else you can think of that may be wrong?

aelizilly

Beagle Bailey
Firstly, what kind of dog do you have and how old is it?

I have an ear wash I got from my vet, that I use to clean my beagle's ears out. We do so every few weeks when I give him a bath and occassionally in between when they smell like they need cleaning. It seems to work well.

What has your vet been giving you?

Shes a lab and we ahve no approximate age since shes a stray but we figure about 2 1/2
ahh i forget the name of it i think it began with an 'o' i'll have to look in her file

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
My dog had the exact same problem. We cleaned his ears almost daily, and it made no difference.

Try switching food to an allergy-friendly formula, like lamb and rice. Ear problems may be caused by food allergies. That's what we did with my dog. We switched him to Natural Balance Venison and Brown Rice, and his ears are now spotlessly clean. No more ear problems.

zoe08

Smelly ears can also mean an ear infection. I would take him to the vet, especially if he is scratching them. If whatever your regular vet gives you doesnt work, maybe you should try a different vet?

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
Emma had allergies wich made her prone to infections.
We tired meds and drops, then just drops. We now switched drops and it worked. Try that. Also maybe you stoped the meds before the infection was completely gone, thats what we did the first time.

Members online

No members online now.