Samwise the Brave

Figured I'd start a picture thread for Sammy!

Well, let's begin with some puppy pictures, naturally.

That was his first - and only - professional groom. We do all of his grooming ourselves now, with... mixed results. But at least when we want a poodle face, he gets a poodle face, and not whatever this was. Adorable though it may be XD

These next ones are all from the same day. We were visiting our alma mater and let him chase a frisbee in the science quad for a little bit.

Showing off his shaved ears.

Very fluffy boy!

Dancing! We've long since given up on keeping him on all four feet, so long as he's not jumping on people. Poodles.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
I love this poodle influx!! Makes me want another one. :D

He's adorable.

I love this poodle influx!! Makes me want another one. :D

He's adorable.
I'm completely sold on poodles. Convinced the fiancee, too XD. He's the perfect size for us right now, too, but there might have to be a standard someday in our future.

And he's wonderful to cuddle, if you can get him to stay still!

Once he's got more of his adult coat in, we want to play with his face some more. But for right now, I like that the shaved face keeps hair out of his eyes... and I'm still learning a lot about grooming. I feel safer with clippers than I do with scissors around his eyes. Some day!

Super cute:)

I do love poodles:)

It looks like his professional groom was a puppy cut....those sometimes have clean faces, sometimes not. I know where I worked we often suggested first groom not doing clean face if they were not used to getting it as we like to keep the first groom or two fairly simple to make a good experience for the pup and to slowly get them used to the clippers etc.

No harm doing it yourself, but just like when getting a haircut yourself, if something is not right there is no reason not to clarify and have them fix it:) Often its just a simple lack of communication.

I too though love a full face on a poodle:)

Just testing out my signature!

And just in case it doesn't work, here's a couple pictures to make up for it.

Sam as a young puppy, with my partner. He was so fluffy!

And much more recent. The ridiculous positions he gets himself in when he absolutely MUST sleep between us...

Members online

No members online now.