The Venting Thread

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
How come you don't use an undercoat rake? Even on Limit's extremely tight coat, it works super well.

I used to use a Furminator on my Labs with no issues but the undercoat rake is my go-to since I got a LC GSD.
I don't own one and the furminator was a gift. I do like the curry combs I have but it doesn't feel as effective.

It's MY wedding and there are no rules or traditions that I HAVE to follow.
Sorry. :( This sucks so bad.

I wanted to run off to Vegas and get married. My hubby's parents would have thrown a fit, so we had a quick to-do at my mom's house. Our neighbor is a judge so he married us. I wanted to do it outdoors in the morning. (we were leaving for New Orleans that day) VERY informal.

Even with SO few details I was incredibly surprised how rude and pushy everyone was. "Why don't we do it inside, it's cold" "Where is the food? You didn't have food?" Not to mention how pissed they probably were that it wasn't at a church with a preacher.

My advice is to tell them all to kiss your ass and do what you want! This is YOUR day, the only people who matter on your wedding day are you and your husband.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
So many bills, not enough income. Working 3 days a week is awesome for the free time but not so much for the money. I can't do it and I'm trying to find stuff to try and sell but I'm the type that uses something until it dies. Sigh.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Sorry. :( This sucks so bad.

I wanted to run off to Vegas and get married. My hubby's parents would have thrown a fit, so we had a quick to-do at my mom's house. Our neighbor is a judge so he married us. I wanted to do it outdoors in the morning. (we were leaving for New Orleans that day) VERY informal.

Even with SO few details I was incredibly surprised how rude and pushy everyone was. "Why don't we do it inside, it's cold" "Where is the food? You didn't have food?" Not to mention how pissed they probably were that it wasn't at a church with a preacher.

My advice is to tell them all to kiss your ass and do what you want! This is YOUR day, the only people who matter on your wedding day are you and your husband.
Josh and I pretty much eloped. We "planned" our wedding in a month. Set the place, got everything ordered and set... then told everyone who was invited. His parent's were PISSED. Said they weren't coming, pretty much disowned me for a while.. yeah. Went well. Then we moved away. Good times. Do what YOU want, Ashley. After it is all done, everyone will let it go, and you will be happy. That's what matters. Don't let anyone tell you that your camo cowboy boots will look stupid. ;)

My vent. I'm going to implode. MUST DO ALL THINGS WITH NO TIME! AHH!

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Went from stressed out and anxious to feeling like I'm going to cry. God, I love my life right now. Not.

SoCrafty

I got hired for a different internal department at the end of last year. My old department needed help, so I did half days for both teams for a month, and then went back to my old department full time on an indefinite loan. Not just me, but others too. It's been almost 6 months and other people in old department are getting to transfer out while us helpers have to stay to help. I am frustrated that I have yet to really get to.work in my new department. I feel like I have no team and yet have to report to two supervisors, keep track of stuff for two teams. Now I'm getting all these errors and I just feel like...I can't do anything. I'm very unhappy, and stressed. I love the company but I would like the opportunity to do the job I applied to and got hired for. Im feeling very unsure of everything I'm doing with my job anymore :(

Any advice?

FG167

When people see pics of 2 dogs and ask where the others are, are they unhappy, why don't I take pics/do all the things with them??? I despise when people imply that nonsense and it instantly angers me. Taking Kastle swimming and dock jumping and then forcing Eden to do the same is not good dog ownership. She doesn't enjoy it and doing it to say that they are treated the same is stupid. I hate when people have attitudes like that. OR asking me why I don't do this or that with Jason's dogs after I've explained they are HIS dogs. Why don't I let Pan play with any of my dogs? Because he's a giant ass to other males and that's what I've got (Eden still plays with Pan).

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Some guy came to the door while I was home for lunch claiming he was from ADT. I asked him if he was selling something and he said no, just offering people upgrades to their security systems. I told him I'm not the homeowner so I can't buy any upgrades and BY THE WAY we have a no soliciting sign so he needs to go. He said "oh I didn't even see that, well, will the homeowners be home soon?"

"You need to GO," I repeated, and slammed the door in his face as he continued trying to protest.

So I called ADT to complain.
They told me they don't send people door-to-door.

So I called the cops. He wasn't wearing anything that said ADT (in fact I thought he was from FedEx because he was wearing all brown, that's the only reason I opened the door), he didn't have an ADT truck or anything, so. NOPE.

Came back to work to an e-mail letting me know I'm basically going to be on the phone for the rest of the afternoon. Sigh.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
When people see pics of 2 dogs and ask where the others are, are they unhappy, why don't I take pics/do all the things with them??? I despise when people imply that nonsense and it instantly angers me. Taking Kastle swimming and dock jumping and then forcing Eden to do the same is not good dog ownership. She doesn't enjoy it and doing it to say that they are treated the same is stupid. I hate when people have attitudes like that. OR asking me why I don't do this or that with Jason's dogs after I've explained they are HIS dogs. Why don't I let Pan play with any of my dogs? Because he's a giant ass to other males and that's what I've got (Eden still plays with Pan).
I get that a lot. A lot of people are/weren't too keen on the poodles, and I was always asked why I skipped doing stuff with Stryder and did agility with Tsuki. And when I got Charlie I had people ask what was wrong with the other 3 dogs because you know... I totally got her to be my new agility dog.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Fred just had his first ever bad dog experience :( a Springer, intacts male, came over and just got overly assertive. Growling then went for him :( I had Fred on lead of course. The Springer kept coming, owner was trying to get it away unsuccessfully, and Fred snapped at it.

She eventually got it.... I've never seen Fred get annoyed EVER. I dont blame him, but hope he doesn't think all make dogs will be like that.

Poor boy. I knew it would happen eventually, happy it wasn't serious, but hoped we would avoid any bad experiences!! Don't want him to be reactive, I want him to love other dogs.

crazedACD

Some guy came to the door while I was home for lunch claiming he was from ADT. I asked him if he was selling something and he said no, just offering people upgrades to their security systems. I told him I'm not the homeowner so I can't buy any upgrades and BY THE WAY we have a no soliciting sign so he needs to go. He said "oh I didn't even see that, well, will the homeowners be home soon?"

"You need to GO," I repeated, and slammed the door in his face as he continued trying to protest.

So I called ADT to complain.
They told me they don't send people door-to-door.

So I called the cops. He wasn't wearing anything that said ADT (in fact I thought he was from FedEx because he was wearing all brown, that's the only reason I opened the door), he didn't have an ADT truck or anything, so. NOPE.

Came back to work to an e-mail letting me know I'm basically going to be on the phone for the rest of the afternoon. Sigh.
Uh.

You know he is feeling you out to see if you have an alarm system installed? :/ I'd be very worried...

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Good thing, too. Make sure all your windows and doors are locked when you leave, and dogs are crated? that'd geek me out SO much. :(
My dad was home when I left to go back to work. I told him what was going on so he knew. We never leave anything unlocked even when we're home, and the dogs are all crated. I do kind of wish I had told him "We have a no soliciting sign and also my dogs want to eat you." He could hear them all barking though.

The cops haven't called me which doesn't surprise me. They were supposed to call me and talk to me about the dog I saw get hit, and they never called me about that either. So of course I have no idea if they drove around the neighbourhood and found the guy or not.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
3 available puppies on the ground right now that I so want from a couple different breeders I've been talking to. 2 older pups and 1 a few weeks old. Arghhhh! Why can I no has puppy now?

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
3 available puppies on the ground right now that I so want from a couple different breeders I've been talking to. 2 older pups and 1 a few weeks old. Arghhhh! Why can I no has puppy now?
Erm........... It's all in your head. Get a puppy!

Oko

Silence, peasants.
3 available puppies on the ground right now that I so want from a couple different breeders. 2 older pups and 1 a few weeks old. Arghhhh! Why can I no has puppy now?
omg get them all :p

It's so gross out, all I want to do is sleep. But thanks to puppy actually happening, I have to work. *lesigh*.
Also I feel my 'must have a girl' attitude caving, at this point I just want a darn puppy, lol.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Ha I wish! It's not likely I'll have the same options when I'm actually ready for a pup. Poo. But I know it's not the right choice right now.

Members online

No members online now.