What do you think he is?

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
This is a foster someone has on another board. He is quite possibly the prettiest dog ever and he just fascinates me. I have no idea what he could be. I know the shelter she pulled him from had labeled him a border collie mix. Errr... yeah.

Someone else on that board has a dog that could literally be his clone. Lineage also unknown. What do you think? Shepherd/husky maybe? He's up for adoption, btw. ;)

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Id say german shepherd something.. part of his just makes me think of kenya!

he is gorgeous!

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Shepherd something...I don't really see much border in him, but who knows?

He looks a lot like this dog I knew, Bongo...no one has any freaking idea what he was, but he was awesome.

Boemy

My old dog's coat had that exact same texture and her tail looked just like that too! (She had flopped ears, though.)

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I think wolf X is a high possibility...his face/expression is very similar to the wolfX that's laying at my feet right now.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I don't know about wolfx. That was one thought I had at first but this person is very active in wolfdog rescue and doesn't seem to think it's a possibility (at least she's never mentioned it and has talked a lot about her other wolfdog). I thought he looked really wolfy until you get him next to her known midcontent wolfdog. Then he suddenly doesn't look like a wolf at all.

She has a gorgeous pack that I covet:

the one on the building is an actual wolfdog. The ones in the front are two husky/gsds and then loki who no one knows what he is. The whitest one might be a very low content wd but is by far mostly dog.

Jasper because he's beautiful:

And here's Loki's twin, Poca, who is owned by someone else. Poca's owner also has no idea what she is.

MicksMom

My first thought was wolf/GSD. But after seeing the picture of Paco, I think maybe Belgian Sheepdog mix. Maybe with GSD or Siberian.

S

Squishy22

Huskies can look quite wolfy. He is gorgeous whatever he is.

My best guess is husky/GSD. Could be other things, of course.

A lot of times you can go off temperament. Wolf hybrids tend to act differently than dogs.

Saintgirl

Looks so much like a husky/shep foster we used to have. Sure, the dog sort of looks wolfy but so many husky/sheps do.

And no, huskys do not have curly tails. Here is a description from the breed standard
Tail
The well furred tail of fox-brush shape is set on just below the level of the topline, and is usually carried over the back in a graceful sickle curve when the dog is at attention. When carried up, the tail does not curl to either side of the body, nor does it snap flat against the back. A trailing tail is normal for the dog when in repose. Hair on the tail is of medium length and approximately the same length on top, sides and bottom, giving the appearance of a round brush. Faults--A snapped or tightly curled tail; highly plumed tail; tail set too low or too high.

Members online

No members online now.