introducing BOO

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog

(trying to kill the camera)

so it looks like Boo will be staying.
i wasnt aplnning a birdy addition but he seems to have chosen me.

the dna test kit came today so i can sex him for sure...but im faily sure hes a boy.

and yeah, hes realy cute little albino parrotlet 07 baby.

Last edited:

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
What a beautiful little bird! I never heard of parrotlets before I came to this site. Are they really like mini parrots, or are they more like budgies/cockatiels in personality?

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
parrotlets are very closely related to AMAZON parrots (nowhere even close to teils or budgies/keets)
these little guys have BIG bird attitude in little body...Boo is still settling in so hes still fairly sedate and laid back, but in general these little birds have huge attitude.

parrotlets can learn to talk though their voices are often hard to understand and sound like tiny little robots.
they are body wise the size of a small parakeet but have a short stout tail and comparitivly a larger beak compared to the size of their head.
they need alot of space for their size because they tend to be extreemly active, they need lots of toys too and suprising for their size can be fairly destructive.
very playfull and can be taught lots of tricks with time, they can be very bossy though.

id definatly say hes more like a tiny amazon parrot than a keet or teil.
but id also add a little conure in there in terms of playfullness.

unlike them though they have tiny little voices and while they can give a little squark, noise wise its not even remotely close to loud. infact budgies(keets) and teils make alot more noise than p'lets.

i never thought of getting a parrotlet (i am hoping to get a greencheek eventualy) but hes definatly won me over lol. its been a little over a week now and hes slowly comming around, i cant wait to see how he blossoms.

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
lol thanks!

hes very addictive, i LIKE birds, but the only bird ive ever realy LOVED was a green cheek conure i used to look after (planning a GCC in the future) but Boo has won me over, and hes not even that friendly yet. hes taking his time warming up, but getting there (tonight for the first time he came to me and snuggled at the back of my neck lol) and im addicted, i want more! lol, they have amazing personalities

Members online

No members online now.