Wedding advice.

StillandSilent

Your wedding, your rules. If you want children, great. If not, great. If you want to have it hanging upside down from a tree over a pit of Sharktopuses (Sharktopussi?), that's your choice. If other's don't care for it, they have the opportunity to decline attending.

I would never in a million years have children at my wedding.

To be fair, I dont think a single person said anyone HAS to have children or that anyone is awful for choosing not to. The issues that I saw from a couple comments were the reasoning behind it was being questioned..not the decision itself.

Again, the main thing is knowing what will work best for you and yours...which includes your close family and friends (and kids). Be open, be respectful. I see a lot of problems on some of my parenting boards when kids arent invited and then the parents decline (either not practical to get a sitter, they are not comfortable with it or whatever) and the bride (or sometimes the groom) gets really hurt and pissy about them not coming. That was my caveat. If one chooses to not invite children, that is totally fine. BUT make sure you realize that some people may have to decline because of that. Basically, as long as you dont go all bridezilla, its all good;)

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
If I had a family member/friend who had a nursing infant, I would make an exception.
This goes without saying for me.
I mean of course, kids gotta eat and it's not like you can hire a babysitter to breastfeed and I wouldn't want to mess up the whole feeding/letting down cycle thing.

The whole "don't take kids anywhere ever" thing is pretty ridiculous. Well socialized children and moms that feel free and welcomed by public places make for a much better future generation.

Just because I don't want children at my wedding doesn't mean I take offense to them in public or that I don't like them. I just don't personally consider certain weddings to be child-friendly.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
To be fair, I dont think a single person said anyone HAS to have children or that anyone is awful for choosing not to. The issues that I saw from a couple comments were the reasoning behind it was being questioned..not the decision itself.

Again, the main thing is knowing what will work best for you and yours...which includes your close family and friends (and kids). Be open, be respectful. I see a lot of problems on some of my parenting boards when kids arent invited and then the parents decline (either not practical to get a sitter, they are not comfortable with it or whatever) and the bride (or sometimes the groom) gets really hurt and pissy about them not coming. That was my caveat. If one chooses to not invite children, that is totally fine. BUT make sure you realize that some people may have to decline because of that. Basically, as long as you dont go all bridezilla, its all good;)
No, no I would never go bridezilla on them LOL, it was my decision to make it kid free, after all, not theirs. But I have a funny feeling that those whose kids aren't allowed to attend will know deep down the reasoning for that. And the ones whose kids are, will also :)

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
You keep them in these at that age.

I sold DD like five of them so she can put her friends' kids in them.
And if the babies are very well behaved, they get to have air holes in their kidlet trunk... :D

ETA: I've seen a few things mentioned on the thread about having a "perfect" wedding day. Honestly, if your (general for anyone getting married) expectation of your wedding day is perfection, you are likely going to be disappointed. Something will go wrong, not go as planned, etc. Weddings just have too many moving parts. Not trying to be pessimistic, just realistic. That doesn't mean the day won't be fantastic, just be prepared for some imperfections here and there. :)

I don't know if I would even make an exception for a nursing baby, because IMO a child that young doesn't need to be out ANYWHERE much less at a wedding.

My kiddo was EBF for 8 months. It was a long, hard sentence but I'm glad we're finally good to go out in public now.

;)

Members online

No members online now.