Itching all of the time...

keyodie

Keyozilla
Charlie scratches himself about once every 5 seconds. Well...not really. :D But let's just say he scratches himeslf A LOT. I'm thinking he has dry skin...but is there anything that can help with the itching?

Thanks in advance!

Athebeau

First make sure there is nothing in the environment which may be causing itching.

Check for fleas - perhaps use a topical treatment from your Vet just in case...I don't use any flea treatments long term, but, if the dog is uncomfortable.

Put your dog on an allergy diet for 8 weeks to rule out food intolerances. A good one with few ingredients is Californa Natural by Natura.

Add omega 3 fatty acids into your dogs diet. You can add this with fish body oil supplements. Canned sardines in water, canned wild alaskan salmon, flax oil, crushed flax seeds, hemp oil.

You could also take a nylon sock and fill with oats. pour warm water over it until the oats become sloppy and apply to your dogs irritated skin to help soothe.

Have your dog looked at by a Vet just to get an idea of what's going on.

lucille

Are there any hairless areas that might indicate a latent mite problem?
I agree about checking for fleas, I do not put Advantage on my dogs in winter and sometimes in the spring the will start scratching if they pick up a flea or two from outside.

Members online

No members online now.