Church advice and work advice

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I keep waiting for my hot guy with a border collie to show up to an agility event.
I am waiting for the EXACT SAME THING... hahahaha. Actually I have a list of breeds he can show up with and I'd be cool with, LOL, mostly herding breeds... a corgi is acceptable...

I started going to my new church because I knew they had a big young adult presence and a lot of small groups/small group events. Turn out "young adult" is ages 20-30. Umm, I'm 28! What happens in two years?? I still feel like I'm a young adult, people! They don't really have a "30 Somethings" group. From there you basically would get dumped into a "women's group" which TBH makes me think of a bunch of stuff I wouldn't have anything in common with... sitting around talking about their families and kids... which I have none of that.
Honestly I'm kind of considering talking to the church about helping me start a "30-Somethings" small group. I can't be the only person there who's no longer a college kid and yet doesn't feel like An Older Adult yet... the girl I talked to last weekend told me there ARE some older 20's in the young adult small groups but it sounds like it's really more College Kids Small Group... geh. There SHOULD be something in the middle here and I'm wondering if maybe it's just not my call to start it up?

I did think of trying another church in the area, but I really like this one. I just hoped to be able to find friends (and I'll be honest, a future husband) there and I'm starting to wonder if that won't work out the way I pictured...

So no real advice, just I hear you. I do agree about maybe asking if they can do social events later or proposing to organize one yourself? Not sure if you would have the time to do that with your otherwise busy schedule though.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Go to a disc event. Holy cow, was I impressed. And not by the dogs.
I'm really hoping to get into disc with my next dog! There is hope for me!

Yeah he could have quite a few breeds that I would accept too.

One good thing about the church I haven't tried yet is that they have singles groups up every decade of life till your 50s. I get the news letter from them already (because I asked about it a while back). They have a 20 somethings group, a 30 somethings group, and a 40 somethings group. So, room to grow in the future too.

The church I'm at now has no 30 somethings singles group. They just have the transitions group, which is mostly early 20s. Then there's a young professionals group but most of them are already married.

And yes, it's great to talk about it and realize it's not just me! I sometimes feel like I'm the only person in the world 'transitioning'. I'm 25 so feel like I should be more settled sometimes.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Once a thousand times.....

Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. "

Pray. Then go were He leads you. The end. :)
I am trying to do that but for some reason am having a hard time figuring it all out. I've really meditated on a couple big decisions lately. I have a tendency to overanalyze everything (which I guess is good in my job but not so good here).

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Honestly I'm kind of considering talking to the church about helping me start a "30-Somethings" small group. I can't be the only person there who's no longer a college kid and yet doesn't feel like An Older Adult yet... the girl I talked to last weekend told me there ARE some older 20's in the young adult small groups but it sounds like it's really more College Kids Small Group... geh. There SHOULD be something in the middle here and I'm wondering if maybe it's just not my call to start it up?
You need some sort of...post-college young adults group. Or rather real-world young adult singles group. But with a cooler name.

Puckstop31

Super-Genius
I am trying to do that but for some reason am having a hard time figuring it all out. I've really meditated on a couple big decisions lately. I have a tendency to overanalyze everything (which I guess is good in my job but not so good here).
I too struggle with overanalyzing things. IMO, the key is to let the "I" go. We need to stop trying to figure it out ourselves and just listen. Spend time in the Word. It is eternal, unchanging and true.

Personally, my struggle is to stay calm and even keeled. (Shocker, eh? LOL) Lately, God has helped by putting me in very humbling circumstances. This reminds me who I serve. :)

As for being 'settled'... REALLY don't sweat that. When I was around your age I got married to the wrong person because I thought that "I" should be settled by then. At the time, it was the worst choice I had ever made. Correcting it hurt, a lot. But it lead me to where I am today.... And that place is not even YET settled. LOL I have an awesome wife, (the one GOD clearly chose for me, it was miracle how we met.) a wonderful daughter, a home, dogs, a good job, etc... Yet I know there is more good and bad to come.

When times are rough, never forget Romans 8:28. Don't try to change the hand you get dealt... Play it. :)

Best of luck Laur!

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
What happens at these "groups"???
Just socials and volunteering. They go to movies, lunch/dinner, play sports together, go to things like the art festival, we went kayaking once, volunteer at the food pantry, that kind of thing.

Thanks Puck, I needed to hear someone say that.

Members online

No members online now.