The musing thread

So I have been thinking about doing something for about a week or two now and just you know... GOING with it and throwing care to the wind. I got chinese food tonight and my fortune cookie told me flat out that I should follow through with something that was on my mind.

So now I'm all gung ho like 'Yeah! I'm gonna DO THIS THING!'

Then I wonder if I'm really insane because a fortune cookie probably shouldn't sway my decision making so much.

But it was kind of freaky. The entire way home I'm thinking if I'm going to do it or not then I get that fortune cookie... Sign maybe?
I don't know if he still has it, but for years my husband carried a fortune cookie fortune in his wallet.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I think my appointment tomorrow is actually my annual exam, not just another depo injection. Which sucks for my bank account because I still feel like I need about $200 to recover from paying my taxes (thankfully I am getting some commissions so slowly chipping away that that) and I don't want to have to pay another $300-odd for an annual exam.... but I sort of have to, because if I don't, they won't continue to give me my birth control, so yeah.

OTOH I was planning on waiting until my annual and then asking if they could order blood work to check my thyroid, and I thought that wasn't going to be for another three months. So, uh, yay I get to spend more money for blood work...? I would really like to know what's wrong with me. If it's not thyroid I know what it is. The problem is I'm afraid either solution is going to require multiple doctor's visits to figure out getting the drug dosage right, and I am about 300% NOT thrilled about that idea.

It's nice to have health insurance in case I, you know. Am dying. Because I can't really afford to use it when I'm not dying.

I saw a coyote this morning before work. He dashed up the hill that the house is built on, hopped over the old rock wall and then stood there and looked around. Considering that we are coming out of winter, he looked pretty darn good. Unfortunately, I've just gotten comfortable letting Hudson run around the yard without a leash, yeah, looking like that's going to have to stop.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
My friend just asked me "On a scale of one to ten, one being 'meh' and ten being 'away to the farm with you,' how upset would you be if Auggie... say... ate three of your bras?"

I was confused and like "WAIT DID YOU GUYS GET A PUPPY???"

No. No, he thought he would be helpful and do laundry and HE destroyed three of his girlfriend's bras. WHOOPS.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
My friend just asked me "On a scale of one to ten, one being 'meh' and ten being 'away to the farm with you,' how upset would you be if Auggie... say... ate three of your bras?"

I was confused and like "WAIT DID YOU GUYS GET A PUPPY???"

No. No, he thought he would be helpful and do laundry and HE destroyed three of his girlfriend's bras. WHOOPS.
Oooooh, Michael would be dead. That'd be almost $100 worth of damages right there. I'd forgive him, but man, that would be an expensive loss. When Abrams ate one of my bras and my favorite pair of panties he was in the dog house for a few days. I can't imagine three bras being down the tank at once.

Last edited:

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Time appears to have slowed down to a slug like crawl!! Not that I'm wishing my life or anything....

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Oooooh, Michael would be dead. That'd be almost $100 worth of damages right there. I'd forgive him, but man, that would be an expensive loss. When Abrams ate one of my bras and my favorite pair of panties he was in the dog house for a few days. I can't imagine three bras being down the tank at once.
Yeah, he was like "I think I'm gonna buy a gift card for her... but I don't know how much to put on the gift card..." $100 is a safe guess for replacing three bras, but he was afraid that might not be enough, which technically, yeah, I had to agree with. My friend is, uh, gifted shall we say. So I'm guessing they were nice bras, not three $12.99 bras I bought at Target a few weeks ago. =P Entirely possible it cost more than that. I suggested it might be best to just go with her to replace them, hand over the credit card, and let it go.
"But then *I* might cry!"
"Yeah... let it go. Let it go."

I also told him how much a really good bra costs at the quality lingerie store in town, and he looked like he might pass out.

He said he might send her flowers. I said that wouldn't be a terrible idea and that he should definitely tell the florist to write on the card "sorry I destroyed your bras." hahahaha.

ETA: They also thought it was funny that I said "Well, if it were Auggie... that's about a three. But if it were Payton, that's like a six." "What??" "Well Auggie is perfect and can do no wrong, see."

*blackrose

The sad thing is, he was only trying to help. Which is why I tend to not let Michael cook or do laundry unless I am directly supervising or leave explicit instructions. Because more times than not, his attempt to help just results in more headache for me. LOL

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
The job I REALLY wanted a few months ago but did not get... has been posted again.
The HR lady had told me they'd keep my application on file... so I'm going to e-mail her and let her know I'm definitely still interested and should I fill out another application?

I want it. I want it I want it I want it.

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
Moving for the summer in 2 days.

Josh and I lived together before, but some family members of his made it seem like they had a dream job lined up for him back home (2 hours away) so he felt he had no other choice when our lease was up but to leave while I finished school.

7 months later...still waiting on that job....

But anyways.

I'm taking a 4 month leave from the only job I've ever known. Nearly 8 years I've been at that place, I have no idea what I'm going to do out there.

I'm excited, but also very nervous.

Lyzelle

Vitamin D is apparently super low. Potassium was a bit high and glucose a bit low, but Dr. didn't say anything about that. On prescription strength Vit. D for the next few months.

Other labs still pending, but I don't really know of that is good news or not.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
The job I REALLY wanted a few months ago but did not get... has been posted again.
The HR lady had told me they'd keep my application on file... so I'm going to e-mail her and let her know I'm definitely still interested and should I fill out another application?

I want it. I want it I want it I want it.
Update to this... I e-mailed them and this morning had a response that they had already pulled my resume again and will be in touch soon!
Please please please?? Because this morning I also got my very first text alert "hey you have almost NO money in your checking account?" I get paid on Friday... I'm just two days behind... just two days...

casey82

Update to this... I e-mailed them and this morning had a response that they had already pulled my resume again and will be in touch soon!
Please please please?? Because this morning I also got my very first text alert "hey you have almost NO money in your checking account?" I get paid on Friday... I'm just two days behind... just two days...
Also sending all the vibes.

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
I WISH YOU THE BEST LUCK!

The last two times we had to hire someone, we pulled resumes out from the previous round from the person who came in a close, very close second. We hired them both times. So that's a very, very, very good sign! *keepingfingerscrossed*

*blackrose

Well, the interview was a success. But...they want to pay me minimum wage.

I have years of experience in my field and a Bachelors.

*sigh*

So, I don't think it will be a go. Even though I wouldn't mind working there. I just don't know if I could live with myself working minimum wage. I didn't even ask for what I wanted (in said I'd be fine with 9.00/hr) and they basically said even that wasn't doable.

I just don't know...

crazedACD

Well, the interview was a success. But...they want to pay me minimum wage.

I have years of experience in my field and a Bachelors.

*sigh*

So, I don't think it will be a go. Even though I wouldn't mind working there. I just don't know if I could live with myself working minimum wage. I didn't even ask for what I wanted (in said I'd be fine with 9.00/hr) and they basically said even that wasn't doable.

I just don't know...
:eek: What is minimum wage there? I know..different part of the country..but I'm hiring high school kids at $9/hour for a retail job.

*blackrose

:eek: What is minimum wage there? I know..different part of the country..but I'm hiring high school kids at $9/hour for a retail job.
7.55 an hour is minimum wage. :/

The more I think about it, the more I don't think I'll do it. No, I don't need a job for the money...but dang. I said 9 was the lowest I'd go and I think I'll stand by that.

The other place that won't have a job until September said they'd start me at 10/hr.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Why is it that as soon as I get home, knowing David's not here and I have a TON of HW and studying for 2 tests tomorrow, that I get extremely tired? I mean, tired enough that my eyes want to close and everything has a slight haze over it? :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.