Itchy Small Dog!

houlahoops

So I was out of town on business at the start of this month, but the ticks around here have been awful lately and since all three boys have positive Lyme titers (always), we've been using a preventative. Long story short, I called my dad and had him take care of their Advantage this month (which they usually tolerate quite well).

Dad goofed a little while he was trying to get the preventative on Liberty (11 y/o Coton de Tulear), and ended up getting some along his flank instead of on his neck. Unfortunately this meant that Liberty could not only lick up the preventative (luckily not enough to get him sick), but he has also been scratching, biting, rubbing, and gnawing on the spot.

We're starting to wear down to the skin now that he's pulled out most of his fur on a quarter-sized patch of his flank and he is just miserable. Is there anything I can put on it (Neosporin?) that will stop the itch? It has to be non-toxic as I'm sure he will find a way to get at some of it (although right now he's in a T-shirt and a Cone of Shame).

JacksonsMom

Ugh, poor guy. :(

I have never dealt with an itch or rash or anything - but I always hear fantastic things about coconut oil. Dogs can lick it, etc, and it often helps hot spots, itchy skin, etc.

Members online

No members online now.