some good ideas needed on

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
how to convince hubby to let me get the girls each a kitten for there 4TH :yikes: b-day Monday. Since Sheen completely still scares the crap out of Ginnie , and she is always playing with her stuffed kitty , and well i want a cat and he hates them . I could just get them and deal with it because he will put my feelings above his own. I feel guilty doing that though . So i need ideas to convince him his little girls NEED a kitten EACH.
Our friend has a stry that dropped a litter in his shed , 2 are white , yellow , and black spotted , with squished in faces , and two are tortie color. with slightly longer snouts but with a still noticable squish.

I want the white ones because , i dont know just drawn to them .

so anyone have special stories , saying , pics I can use in my arsenal?

ACooper

I have no ideas for you. Just wanted you to know I'd be watching this thread to steal any good ideas! :rofl1:

My husband is against having cats. He doesn't hate cats, he hates litter boxes/indoor bathroom use for animals. He is all for having a cat if it goes potty outside..........I am against outdoor cats (in town especially) so we are at an impass :(

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
YEAH , he would be all for an outside cat , but the racoons would eat them.

one of my peeps told me to have ginnie go give him the big eyes , i am going to try it tonight. Tories has been meowing and licking her hands like a kitty for 2 weeks now . I hope he is going to bring them home to us.

monkeys23

Lol you rock, my parent's got me my first cat when I was 4. She was half grown when we finally brought her home, but I knew which one I was getting long before as she (gorgeous brown tabby) was out of my aunt's gray manx and I had been playing with her since she was born. That poor cat was so tolerant. I haven't been without a cat since. :)

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
i havent had a cat since i was 13 , so 20 years now. dannnggggg i feel old i can count past event by the decade! i mean little girls NEEEFDDDDDDDD little kitties to tell all there secrets to right ,,,,RIGHT! lol If only I had led the intros to Sheen it would not be a problem , but She shakes everytime he comes near and gets so upset she will scream and puke. At least the boys play with him a lot .

ugg he is ignoring my texts. just wait i will do a video and prod him with that , ow why do i have to be stuck at work until 1800.

K

Kaydee

My hubby knew from the first date that cats would absolutely be part of the package so that's never been an issue heeheehee...and I keep it down to a nicely odd numbered pack...
Hum, the litter box issue-they have some great igloo styled ones now that even have odor vents. Daily scooping and you don't smell anything and certainly don't see anything. Good sized too, I used one for 4 cats and it was fine.

And you could reason that kittens are a great idea as they can grow up with the kids, much more easy care than more dogs, food, water and a clean box n' they're happy as can be.

Our older cats are cranky and set in their ways, but the ones who were with Emmy from kittenhood sleep with her and follow her around the house.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Ok first issue.. the litter box. THey have these AWESOME ONES NOW!! You just tip them over and it scoops itself
http://www.amazon.com/Omega-Paw-Self-Cleaning-Litter-Pewter/dp/B005E2S77C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1342039177&sr=8-1&keywords=litter+box
Barely any fuss :) and easy enough for a kid to do!

Then you give him the speech.. these little girls aren't going to be little forever. One day they are going to beg and pled for cell phones and later curfews and money and time out on a school night to go out with their boyfriends.
but for now..they are little and innocent and need to learn responsibility and they will remember forever the pure perfect joy of getting their first pet :)

and then you show him this

and then you remember that they are CATS. and take a moment to thank your lucky stars those little girls aren't asking for puppies because unlike puppies, can't don't need potty breaks outside at 3 in the morning in the freezing cold. They come already ready to use the box!!

joce

When I was little I wrote a hand written letter complete with drawings and left it on the table one night complete with a yes or a no on the bottom. It said please circle one. He worked nights and when I woke up in the morning he'd circled yes. Maybe you do the writing and let them draw lol. I was like six when I did that.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Tell him you NEED 3 so 2 won't sound so bad. I didn't want another cat ever after 19 yrs with Eddie. Poor old eddie, anyway Sancho has restored my faith that not all cats live to irritate.

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
OW OW OW Thank you all for the ideas! I will use each and everyone before monday!

my girls need kitties ..............and mom to.

I had a vision of my little girls with matching merle chorkies (yes i know i am going to hell but i still covet them) as ther 13 bd present , but with Ginnie I just dont know how to get her over it. but there is along time before that happens. i can still dream of scraggly merle rays of sunshine. lol

ow ow Smkie , that is a grand idea , i have JD who would love a cat and i could just make it a we need them ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL.
then he can see the light of 2 is better than 4.

K

Kaydee

Ok first issue.. the litter box. THey have these AWESOME ONES NOW!! You just tip them over and it scoops itself
http://www.amazon.com/Omega-Paw-Self-Cleaning-Litter-Pewter/dp/B005E2S77C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1342039177&sr=8-1&keywords=litter+box
Barely any fuss :) and easy enough for a kid to do!

Then you give him the speech.. these little girls aren't going to be little forever. One day they are going to beg and pled for cell phones and later curfews and money and time out on a school night to go out with their boyfriends.
but for now..they are little and innocent and need to learn responsibility and they will remember forever the pure perfect joy of getting their first pet :)

and then you show him this

and then you remember that they are CATS. and take a moment to thank your lucky stars those little girls aren't asking for puppies because unlike puppies, can't don't need potty breaks outside at 3 in the morning in the freezing cold. They come already ready to use the box!!
If that video doesn't work, nothing will...ooohsosweeetwittlebabeeeooooh

LindaJD

Go to the pet store and buy a mouse and let it loose in the house, let your hubby see it, tell him how that wouldn't happen with cats in the house.

Kimbers

Tell him you NEED 3 so 2 won't sound so bad. I didn't want another cat ever after 19 yrs with Eddie. Poor old eddie, anyway Sancho has restored my faith that not all cats live to irritate.
Heck, tell him you need a horse. You don't know how good two little kitties sound after that.

When I got Cricket, my dad really didn't want to have much to do with her. He had been put on litter box duty for several years while my mom was pregnant/raising little brats and I think that just ruined it for him. But Cricket has the biggest crush on him. She follows him everywhere and insists he pet her while she eats. I've caught my dad holding and singing to her a couple times, though he profusely denies it. lol

I have no ideas for you. Just wanted you to know I'd be watching this thread to steal any good ideas! :rofl1:

My husband is against having cats. He doesn't hate cats, he hates litter boxes/indoor bathroom use for animals. He is all for having a cat if it goes potty outside..........I am against outdoor cats (in town especially) so we are at an impass :(
Toilet training a cat is not difficult :) And it helps with the seat down argument. "But you don't want the cat to fall in and then be afraid to use the toilet, do you?" :D

Oh, and Bog . . . there's always the trump question/assumptive close: "but I thought you LIKED p . . . ?" :rofl1:

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
Toilet training a cat is not difficult :) And it helps with the seat down argument. "But you don't want the cat to fall in and then be afraid to use the toilet, do you?" :D

Oh, and Bog . . . there's always the trump question/assumptive close: "but I thought you LIKED p . . . ?" :rofl1:
For the win. If this doesn't work. I will just pull out the big guns and promise um other things for him. LOL

M

MyHorseMyRules

Go to the pet store and buy a mouse and let it loose in the house, let your hubby see it, tell him how that wouldn't happen with cats in the house.
This. lol

Seriously, though. Cats kill everything. Spiders, roaches, whatever other little bugs find their way in, mice, rats, snakes... I don't live in an area with a scorpion problem anymore, so I'm not sure about that. But I reckon they'd do that, too.

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
He would get a mini if i said horses . We can't afford that LOL but the killing bugs is a good arguement. Hmmmm I bet I get them will all these good suggestions.

Members online