2013 Official Chaz Weight Loss Challenge

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I REALLY want to lose 10 lbs. I've been ignoring the paleo diet advice but may cave...however, I did have to buy smaller workout tights, AND I back squatted 165 lbs today. Super happy with those achievements! :D
You could try the Whole 30 and see what you think - but really it's mostly going to be about your calories and macros. Maybe change up your macros? Go more protein, less carb and see where that takes you?

(Did I break a paleo rule by not flat out recommending paleo? Probably. Excuse me while I eat some peanut butter on a spoon...)

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
So I went to the gym to attend what I THOUGHT was RIPPED. Turns out it was not RIPPED but BodyCombat. It's been a loooooong time since I did BodyCombat, like when I was still working at the station long time ago. I wasn't very good at it because I didn't know a lot of the movies and the entire class is done facing a mirror so I had to stare at how stupid I looked the entire time. I knew if I wanted to do the class I'd have to go every week so I could learn the moves, and the normal class time was a typical run day, so I haven't gone since.

Well, I still don't know ALL the moves, but I figured this release out a lot more than the one from before (it helps that they're only two weeks in so everybody is still figuring it out.) And you know what? When you have swoll shoulders, you look **** fine punching at the mirror.

I like it.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Stuck it out! Today is day 14 :) actually a lot easier once you get past the first 10 days or so!!!

I've lost 3lb, but toned up, and lost inches off everywhere :) whopping 1.5 inch off my stomach! Boom!

Going to continue to try and make healthy choices and see if I can't tone more and get fitter still!

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
Sometimes I get cranky at my friend who won't train but wants to run with us ..yesterday was hard on my feet because I broke the cardinal rule& wore brand new gear on race day. Worst part? It was new runners. Can you say OUCH? It was only supposed to be a 10k but we ended up running back to finish with our slower friend and my knee& top of my right foot paid the price. Caved and bought into the KT tape hype ..it actually worked. I only taped my knee but the top of my foot is aching& I'm debating taping that as well. Anyone here use it?

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Tonight my gym had a "teaser" class where, instead of teaching the normal class, they did short versions of classes in a group of four. I decided to attend the class that was TurboKick, Body Combat, Insanity, and Body Step. So 10-15 minutes per "class."

First part of Insanity:
"Okay... so I don't like Insanity. This sucks."

Last part of Insanity... side burpees.
"I LOVE INSANITY! THIS IS SO FUN!"

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
There are BIKES for me to use at the new house.

BIKES.

IN THE PLACE IT DOESN'T SNOW IN THE WINTER.

IT'S MOSTLY FLAT THERE.

WOOHOO!

SoCrafty

I feel awful. I went to the gym nearly every day in August, beginning of September. But when we got back from vacation, I was so bummed. I got really down about coming back to Fl, it was still so ungodly hot out, and I hadn't seen ANY results from working out all that time. Yeah its all well and good that I worked out and felt better but feeling better does nothing to the numbers on the scale when your doctor is telling you that you need to lose weight.

I lost motivation. Now, we are ring shopping and I know that means a white dress and getting all fancy at some point in the near future. But I don't know how to get back into it. I really loved Zumba but I don't think it was really doing anything for me.

A couple of years ago in my early 20's (holy crap. TEN years ago!!! :eek:) I lost almost the same amount of weight I want to lose now on the elliptical. Is it ok to use one machine to lose weight?

I also want to tone my arms. Allllllll the dresses I see online have no sleeves. I'm so.embarrassed of my arms. What can I do to tone them that does not include push ups? (If there is a modified push up that doesnt put strain on my wrists, I'd love to hear it!)

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
A couple of years ago in my early 20's (holy crap. TEN years ago!!! :eek:) I lost almost the same amount of weight I want to lose now on the elliptical. Is it ok to use one machine to lose weight?
There is definitely nothing wrong with just using one machine to lose weight - I was just reading an article the other day about how the elliptical isn't super efficient though. That said, I like using it and I certainly used it to burn calories when I was younger too (ughhhh let's not talk about how many years ago...) I'm trying to sell mine right now if only because I need some extra cash, and my marathon cross-training now is done on a bike instead of the elliptical.
Do what you enjoy and will keep up with. It's only wrong if you're hurting yourself.

As far as the arms go, I think shoulders and biceps are super-duper sexy so absolutely you can do things to build muscle and definition there. Don't freak out when I say build muscle, I don't mean you're going to hulk out (you probably can't unless you're eating a caloric surplus and probably taking steroids) - but "toning" means "build muscle." Just "build muscle" scares some women because they picture a body builder.

I think I had a post on here about shoulder exercises, I'll go digging and find it again!

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
And there it is. As of this morning's weigh-in

100 pounds lost. :D
That is so awesome!

I have a little over 130 lbs that I want to lose, and you are an inspiration!

I started working out this week. We have a pretty nice gym at work, but I've only been doing 30 min when I go up there because I don't want to overdo it. I've found that the treadmill hurts my back, so I ditched that and have been doing the eliptical and stationary bike. I want to do strength training but would prefer to do that at home.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
SHOULDAHS

I couldn't find my post about shoulders so I just decided to make a video with some of my fave shoulder exercises in it. Just about everything here can be done with dumbbells but I also get my bar out and show how to do them with a barbell.

[YOUTUBE]tSrEYjA0PBw[/YOUTUBE]

It's fourteen minutes. You got fourteen minutes.

(No I do not usually work out in my blue jeans, I just didn't feel like putting on workout pants.)

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Beanie that is awesome, and exactly what I needed for winter exercises. I don't want to risk my bow warping in the cold weather here, but I'm trying to up my draw weight, and to do that I need better shoulder and back muscles, so I was trying to think of something to do indoors to protect my bow, and to work on my shoulder/back muscles.

I was considering buying some resistance bands, but Steven pointed out that if I'm mimicking the action of drawing the bow, I may end up developing undesirable technique when I go back to shooting. I'd like to be up to a thirty pound draw weight in six months or so, and right now I'm at half that.

Also, I think that shoulder muscles and arm muscles on women are sexy too, and I had no idea you were so ripped :p It looks good, and I'd like to look like than, instead of like a stick :p

Once again I wish I could like your post or give it a thumbs up or something.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Beanie - great vid! It shows some great stuff and isn't "scary" for the beginners.

And at the risk of sounding like a creepy old stalker man - sexy arms :D

----------------------

Just got in from a late night run. Went 4.75 miles in 40 minutes (8:25 pace roughly). I'm really, really enjoying the running again. Especially now that it's getting cooler. Brisk air filling my lungs, hitting the road and forgetting everything but, well, the road. Plus I get to dress is bright, loud colors without anyone judging me :rofl1:

FG167

Maybe change up your macros? Go more protein, less carb and see where that takes you?
Forgot to come back and say that I'm giving this a go. I had my bridal shower last weekend, my Mom hasn't seen me since I started doing CrossFit and the first thing she said was that my face is so much skinnier. That's usually the first place I lose weight, but in this case, I have gained 5 lbs, not lost any LOL

Last part of Insanity... side burpees.
"I LOVE INSANITY! THIS IS SO FUN!"
What's a side burpee??

And there it is. As of this morning's weigh-in

100 pounds lost. :D
WOW! CONGRATS!

Beanie - great vid! It shows some great stuff and isn't "scary" for the beginners.

And at the risk of sounding like a creepy old stalker man - sexy arms :D
Agree! Great arms! :)

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I got attacked by my skipping rope and rolled my ankle during the second phase of my metabolic test today. Still finished the third phase though and beat my score! I would've beat my phase two score if I hadn't been mauled by wire and plastic.

It still hurts like a mofo. Oh well.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Thanks guys! I'm glad I can help. <3 If you have questions let me know!!

What's a side burpee??
Instead of jumping your feet straight back, you jump your legs to one side... then the next burpee, you jump your legs to the other side. So you get to work obliques too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWiXrDMYSg8

SUPER DUPER FUN AHHHH BURPEES

FG167

I went to the Dr today and turns out I haven't been officially measured in about 10 years. That means I am 1" taller than I've been telling everyone forever...which puts me into the healthy range for BMI instead of Overweight :)

Instead of jumping your feet straight back, you jump your legs to one side... then the next burpee, you jump your legs to the other side. So you get to work obliques too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWiXrDMYSg8

SUPER DUPER FUN AHHHH BURPEES
Oh wow, that's pretty nifty!

Oko

Silence, peasants.
We did all sorts of push up variations and upper body stuff today. Oh my god. My arms. I cannot move them.

Members online

No members online now.